"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Life thru Biker Goggles

First let me say thank you so much for your cool comments regarding my Face the Fear video
gotta admit...it was pretty fun to step into my goofiness
~ ~ ~
I've been away...just returned from a seven day motorcycle trip
The Hubs and I
Two motos. Four states. 1650 miles
 and now there are thoughts I need to capture so I don't forget
LUCKY YOU...teehee

 ~ ~
Riding, to me, is exquisite
It is exceptionally spiritual
Riding incorporates all my senses completely and fully

Usually after the second day on the road I cross over into a zone
Where my moto feels as if it's an extension of my body
(It's probably the numb booty)
 A light touch here or a slight lean there
as we dance and sway in a swirl of smells, colors, sights and sounds
the tingling of my skin as every cell comes alive
everything is heightened

I am alone and yet 
I am very much aware of being one with everything around me 
We ride for about six hours a day as we travel east
Our only conversation reserved for stop lights or rest stops
And it occurs to me that my ride is very much like life's journey

~

There's a beginning and an end
But the route is dependent on that which is encountered on the journey
Sometimes altering or changing the destination
The journey becomes fluid

I savor the sights, sounds, smells and feelings of the current moment
Before they are whisked away behind me
Becoming smaller in my mirror
Sometimes I long for a closer look; to stay in the moment longer
But it's impossible to stay on my path by focusing on what lies behind me in my mirror 
And I learn to see only as far as I can see ahead of me
And trust that the path continues before me around the blind curves
 
There are companions along the road
Some make momentary connections while others ride along for part of the journey
Some make an impact with their words or by example
Some stay longer and you travel in a synchronized dance of skill and trust
Individual but whole
I am reminded that I am alone on my journey
That although I may have companions,
I am solely responsible for the experience on my travels
It is up to me and only me to determine how far I go
What I let hold me back or how I am affected by my encounters 
And in the silence I learn to trust my intuition & ask for guidance

 The journey will be a mixture of good and bad
There will be those who recklessly cross my path
Others who unintentionally (or intentionally) try to hurt me
There will be showers and sunshine and winds and mud
Moments where I catch myself from falling at the last minute
Moments that make me catch my breath and want to abandon the journey
As I run for cover in the nearest ditch
But those are the moments to hang on tight
For they are the moments that will reveal my inner strength
The ones where I come out on the other side and say
"HOLY CRAP!" in exhilaration
and I am changed, I am stronger, I am connected

I learn that sometimes it's okay to take a break
To recharge or take a closer look
But that there comes a moment when it's time to move on
To continue the journey; to continue the dance, the growth, the connections

And through it all I realize that it is in these exquisite moments on the journey
where true Life lies
that through the good and bad
the sweeping or tight blind curves
the connections to everything and everyone I pass
the moments where I feel like crying for joy or gritting my teeth in anger or fear
That this is my journey and this is where I get to know who I am
before I close my eyes for good

~ ~ ~
Did I warn you that for a few days after a motorcycle trip
I'm on a spiritual high?
And I walk around with a stupid grin hugging and smiling?
Can you imagine what I'll be like when we go next year for 10 days?
Just be happy you're not with me!


9 comments:

  1. Excellent post Elena, so filled with insight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of riding could well be my description of hiking. A little slower, not as much ground covered, but the feelings are very much the same. Glad you were drawn out again and made this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Elena! I can feel the excitement and the peaking of all your senses. You're so tuned in to how you feel; beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, I love riding -- there is such a freeing, empowering exhilaration in it. Thank you so much for visiting and your kind words. You have a wonderful blog -- let's follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Elena..hugs..what a beautiful and powerful post..your words touch my soul(for they make me think of a loved one who loved to ride)I can feel the rush of your energy and the blissfulness you feel while riding..thanks for sharing this wonderful magic..it is contagious..hugs!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep its all about balance and trusting your instincts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!