“If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone,
then you are forced to expand your consciousness.” Les Brown
It's no secret I have always been uncomfortable around people
I treat friends like mere acquaintances
I value my space; My home is my sanctuary
And I'd be happy to never have a soul cross my threshold
So imagine my surprise when a woman I met on an online Artist Way group
said she was coming to America and I said
Stay. With. Me.
The three words just spilled out my fingertips and danced across the keyboard
As my head screamed WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??!!!
And my soul replied BE STILL...
The offer was made and accepted
And I thought having a stranger stay with me might not be too bad
Since a few of us had become close online...perhaps it wouldn't be so brutal
And then something happened that reminded me how much I disliked friendships
I pushed them all away and withdrew back to my sanctuary
And still I couldn't rescind the offer
As the day grew closer and I held this group further apart
I fretted
What had I done? What would I do? My space? My alone time? I don't know how to entertain.
Cook? Clean? What would we talk about? Eat? Drink? What would we do? What had I done?
stranger ~ danger
And almost nightly the hubs smirked and said "Something's up"
And I agreed that at a soul level I knew something was up
but I was uncomfortable
With three little words I had managed to flip myself outside the walls of my comfort zone
And what I found outside those walls
was fertile ground
The moment I saw The Aussie it felt right
all the discomfort, doubt, worries, fretting just vanished
She fits right in...like family
And since she's been here I've grown by leaps and bounds
We gathered with others from the Artist Way group
some I've met before and others I hadn't
and again it all felt right
In the few weeks she's been here I've learned alot about friendships
I've learned about growth and forgiveness and love
I have so much to say but will reserve it for future posts
but tomorrow morning we board the train and head west
to meet two other 'strangers' from the Artist Way group
In the few weeks she's been here I've learned alot about friendships
I've learned about growth and forgiveness and love
I have so much to say but will reserve it for future posts
but tomorrow morning we board the train and head west
to meet two other 'strangers' from the Artist Way group
All I want to add is this
Thank you to my angels and guides who have forced me to push past my comfort zone this year.
Because of it I have eliminated the persons or things in my life that were no longer useful.
In turn I have made some amazing discoveries and realized the true meaning of friendships.
And learned that when you let go...you make room for more to come in.
~ ~
Note to those I've met & reconnected with locally
I'm not going to let you run and hide
Note to those I've met & reconnected with locally
I'm not going to let you run and hide



Good for you. I have a similar reaction to being close to folks and yes stretching is admirable. Congrats. Oma Linda
ReplyDeleteDamn Aussie
ReplyDeletehee hee
DeleteVery well done Elena, enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThis was meant to be.....let's keep it going! By the way, I had a wonderful time that day; your house is beautiful, the food was wonderful and your family is the most friendliest. Love you Elena!
ReplyDeleteLove love love!!!
ReplyDeleteMassive growth facing a fear and discovering love and friendship. Expect more of the same from the northwest strangers. Friends, online and in the flesh, sticking to your heart like moss and lint.
ReplyDeleteOMG Elena, what an amazing story! One, because like you, I would not mind at all if my contact with human kind was limited to almost none. Two, because like you, to have someone in my home is to feel invaded. But isn't it amazing when life throws us a curve ball and we find ourselves completed taken by surprise?!
ReplyDeleteWow wow wow !!!! I am so in awe of all you have accomplished and risked ! And the great joy you have received in return !
ReplyDeleteSo good, Sweetie !
]Enjoy every second of your adventure !
Love and light!
It was nice to see you again, been quite some time since I've been out and about.
ReplyDelete