"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, June 29, 2012

Choose Happiness

Sometimes I have fun trying to make the mundane into an adventure
So instead of driving to my doctor's appointment yesterday
 I boarded the Amtrak train and then took a cab
Jumped in and gave the cabbie the address
Asked him how he was doing as he eyed me suspiciously
Told him I liked his car which finally broke a smile

I payed as we pulled up to the curb and I wished him a great day
Held the door open for the guy next in line
He was on his phone and as he threw his bag and briefcase into the back seat
I couldn't help but hear his conversation
"I haven't been home for two months! - My kids are expecting me!"
He stood in the opening of the car door 
I couldn't help but notice the vein throbbing at his temple
"I've gone over that budget a thousand times! Tell the contractor to reduce his costs!"
I felt sorry for him as I recognized the familiar droop of his shoulders
As he nodded in agreement to the conversation on the other end of the call
I felt bad for this man and his kids; recognizing the resignation in his body language
He lowered himself into the seat and reached out to close the door
His hand brushed against the stone I left among the discarded gum wrappers
And for a split second he stopped and looked down
Confused, he looked up and when our eyes met I smiled a big cheesy grin
And I saw his smile begin to spread as he said to his caller
"Do what you want...you take care of it" and hung up
Before the car door closed I heard him tell the cabbie
"O'Hare Airport...I'm going home"
He looked out the window and winked at me
And I waved goodbye and entered the building for my doctor's appointment
~ ~ ~ ~
 This is the rock I left among the trash in the door
Beautiful soul Kim makes these as she spreads love amongst us humans

So although I did take the train and leave the rock
The guy doesn't exist
This is what I would like to think happened when someone found the rock

I can dream no?


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful Elena, spreading the love through words, but most importantly through being.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can dream, yes!!!! That's what I do almost every time I leave a rock behind. I also think about the times when I have been grateful to find little reminders from the Universe just when I have needed them. Putting love out there in little ways always brings it on back to you tenfold!
    Wishing you lots and lots of love, light and happiness, Beautiful One.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Those stones can give people little moments of zen in the most unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, and i was already crying. Love your story. Love that rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!