"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Does it make me a hypocrite?

My son is talented
Ok most moms say that perhaps
But I'd be the first one to say he wasn't...if he wasn't
He can draw quite well without training
And his stories are imaginative and hilarious

But can I just say
that I am beyond thrilled that he does not want to be an artist
No careers in any of the creative fields
You would think I'd try to encourage him to change his mind
Seeing as how I recently reacquainted myself with art

But I won't
Because the truth is  I don't want him to focus just on the arts
and I don't want to change his mind

Does it make me a hypocrite?

4 comments:

  1. Not at all Elena, it is good that he wants to look at other if not all options and equally good that you are supportive. His gift of art and storytelling is a part of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing is for him to decide what he wants out of life, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, you are not a hypocrite, you are realistic. Most people cannot make a living out of their art... That doesn't mean he cannot still pursue his passion, if that what he wants. I remember my dad having a fit because I gave up the idea of going to Law school to graduate in Psychology. I know in the end, he just didn't want me to struggle financially... Like John said, his art and storytelling will always be a part of him. Some people just don't necessarily want to make money from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Encourage him to do what he loves. That is where happiness abounds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!