"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, June 11, 2012

Mother Ship is coming...

Ok so I don't think the Mother Ship is coming for us
on 12/21/12
I don't think the world is going to crack open and swallow us whole
Or we're going to be hit by the largest asteroid, or tidal wave or whatever
But I have been noticing something
Among the virtual and physical people I cross paths with

Ok here's the disclaimer
so that I'm not accused of thinking I know everything
In seeking, I can't help but observe
And in this case I've noticed this happening to so many unrelated people
That it's just too damned intriguing for me to ignore
So these are just my thoughts
You don't have to agree...or read
 ~ ~

Something seems to be ramping up
Something that has ruffled the feathers of routines
Something that is stirring up all the things that have been stuffed deep inside
Bringing them to the forefront, rattling around
and muddying our consciousness like loose silt in a creek

Many of us don't like change
We want to continue doing what we're doing how we're doing it
We want stuff to stay hidden in the mental compartments we've locked them away in
We want to continue behaving in socially acceptable ways
We want to be accepted, or admired, or belong or whatever
 It's worked fine...why change it

So when things start rattling around either mentally or in our physical environment
We react in fear or anger
We take part in road rage, find fault in others, feel excluded, manifest illnesses
we compare ourselves, we judge, we look for outward reasons
Because we want to avoid the discomfort of looking at ourselves
Of turning around and confronting the crap that is stirring around

But what if like silt, sand and gravel in a creek
Once at rest it all starts creating a dam-like blockage
What if all the stuffing and conforming and wanting to be like or whatever
has created a build up in our consciousness 
that is blocking our growth or full potential

So what if instead of it being the end of the world
It's the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT
Because although we live in the same world
My experience in it is different than yours because of my perspective
So perhaps it should read
Time to change our perspective 
And this year seems to be insisting that people change their perspectives

And what's more intriguing than the Something I've noticed
is what people are doing in response to this Something
I'll ignore the angry, finger pointing bunch
They'll never change and will continue manifesting more of the same in their lives

But the ones I admire the most are those who look outside and then turn inside
Those who look at their illness and ask 'ok body, what are you trying to tell me'
And they begin to heal the inside while the doctor heals the outside
 Those who can honestly say they feel hatred or deep contempt for someone
And ask what is it in myself that is causing this hatred and how can I change it
Those who are confronting monetary or social battles 
By looking at what it is they are ignoring in their own lives

The observing has been intriguing
Mostly because if I'm in a room with several people and just listen
I can begin to see the division
between those who are going through a change and those who are resisting
beyond the smiles and beyond the words
Like a radiating light, or lack thereof

~ ~
I started this year resisting
And quickly discovered that the Universe was having none of it
I was forced to confront situations that made me realize what I was doing
And in doing so I have cleared some major blocks to my growth

That doesn't mean there aren't certain people
I wouldn't gladly drag to the edge and push in 
when the world cracks open
cuz I'm only human
(grin, grin)

But in reality
What an amazing thing to have people begin embracing their full potential
And start taking full responsibility for their behaviors

So of course now the only tune in my head is R.E.M
singing "It's the end of the world as we know it...and I feel fine."
~ ~ ~
Go live
YOUR life

4 comments:

  1. Freaky. There is so much in this post that echoes my own thoughts. And the song.....first thing that pops in my head when the subject of 12-21-12 comes up! Along with...."the times, they are a changin'".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, I soooo agree with you!!!! I also do not think the world will turn into smoke in December, but there is something going on. I see this major shift, some chaos, and some drastic changes to what we are used to. In any case, even thought the world might not come to an end, I have decided to live as though it will. I might appreciate things better, live more, and worry less.
    BTW, please write a post on guests, I would love to read your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going have to watch my back when you are here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!