"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, September 26, 2014

Re-Birth Day

Today is my Re-Birth Day
One year ago today my life was extended by a great team of Neurosurgeons

I can't believe it's been a year
My head thinks it's July...so the shorter days and changing trees are unexpected
And because of that are even prettier than I remember
I also can't believe I'm still healing
I've been awed by how far I've come
The body's ability to heal is truly amazing
I have a new respect for how intricate this vessel I'm in is
Every part working together to create a whole
There are days I can't see or hear very well from my left side
There are days if I try to drive too far or do too much
that I spend the evening in pain

Miraculously I'm alive
I can walk, talk (too much), drive short distances
I can feed, dress, bathe myself
I measure time day by day
I no longer feel a longing for close friendships
Because I've discovered that I always had them in my sisters
The Habitat for Humanity gives me a sense of peace
And I'm awed by strangers' generosity
 Everyday I look in the mirror and don't quite recognize that new person
There are days I fight hard not to look away in disgust 
And those days I force myself to look deeper
To look at the bumps and dents on my face and head and that odd hairdo
And recognize that this is my armour
I just came out of battle and I'm stronger because of it
In the oddest of ways the aneurysm was a blessing 
Not one I want again - lol!
But one I know I needed

4 comments:

  1. oh..big big hugs to you Elena
    It is still hard to believe this actually happened to you
    wanting a close friendship is something we all crave
    sometimes we just need to see that it is there right in front of us
    I hope you return to pen and ink with your indigo ink
    such beautiful art you make........I think it would be interesting to see what flows out of you
    freely......no judging...just put pen to paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful anniversary of healing and a journey to health. Congrats, Elena! And keep on getting better and stronger each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many,many happy, healthy rebirth days to you Elena, no matter what, your star always shines beautifully and brightly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy re birthday. Sounds like your life is as interesting as ever! Hugs dear one. Still handing out your cards, clients love them. Warmly, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!