"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, October 6, 2014

Purple stones with yellow spots

Before surgery I kept searching and searching
I'd wander amongst the self help books at the bookstore
Collecting the ones that just might have the answer
because 1 MILLION SOLD attests to it actually having the answer
Those books, while good reads, didn't have answers
But instead, like the townsman, points the way for a lost traveler
With my nose in books gathering bits and pieces along the way
I collected things and people I thought could help

I kept searching
I collected art supplies, people, vision boards, the stone with the most mojo
I figured if the book suggested this or that
and the testimonials proclaimed "I have found my way because of this book!"...
Well, hell, I'll go out and buy the purple stone with the yellow spot
in the upper right hand corner that resembles Scooby Doo
and balance it on my nose while singing "Where oh Where has my Little Dog Gone"
under the light of the third full moon of the season
except
I was still searching
 And getting annoyed

I announced to the Universe one day
'I've had enough of this nonsense...you'll have to make it crystal clear'
Wham! Aneurysm.
 LOL
(Note...don't mess with the Universe)

The thing is, it worked
I'm not searching anymore
When I let go all the pieces fell into place
I get it...well in a weird convoluted way
I understand now why the books won't tell you
They can't...we each have our own special gift
And we each need to find it on our own
The books, people, the purple rock with yellow spot...
they can point the way but it's up to you to uncover it
Because only you will understand the language it speaks to your soul


Perhaps the best self help book would only contain a mirror
between its covers
~ ~ ~

Here's me and kiddo working at the Habitat for Humanity Friday
The hubby was training us to be electricians
I had an amazing time


6 comments:

  1. you look amazing......and adorable son

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking fabulous and sounding happy....content....whatever you want to call it! It makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea for the book containing a mirror and you two look fabulous doing Habitat work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post and you are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post gave me shivers ! True wisdom here, beautiful Heart. true.
    Big love and light to you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an excellent post. I love the wisdom that shines through the story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!