A month?
I've been away from my blog for a month?
Did you miss me?
What? You didn't know I was gone?
No worries...me either
In a nutshell let me tell ya what's been happening in a month
I flew out to NY, stayed in the spookiest house ever in CT
across from a very cool-in-daylight but creepy-by-night cemetery
Spent quality time with my super-strong-woman biker friend Lee
My dear hubby taught me how to use the table saw
So I made a large table for my studio
Loved it in natural wood but started fretting about getting pencil marks on it
So I took some (ok, lots) of paint and eliminated the 'fret'
LOVED making the table so hubby recruited me to help build the garage
Had lots of fun getting the drawings together for permit
And now waiting for the weather to cooperate for a concrete pour
But the most awesome thing is...
I have a new baby!
She is beautiful!
And huge...and oh so beautiful
And I have been enjoying life so much this year that my head is spinning
And here's a bit of news
Something I'm sharing with you to hold me accountable
I. Am. Writing. A. Book.
No no not a super duper novel
More like a lil book of stuff
I have a one year deadline
So don't let me slack
So if anyone is still around
I'd like to say thank you for still popping by
And give you a little gift
Things I found as I cleaned my studio
Collage Discovery fun projects
Tortilla Sun cute kid's book
And as an attempt to break my journal addiction
(truly addicted...I find them hiding everywhere)
I'm parting with two lined journals
I'll even mail them
I'll pick four random winners
If I get four...if not...I'll close my eyes and pick from old posts





Wow, you've been busy and creative -- good to hear! (I'm not in the running for your giveaway though -- I'll let someone else have a crack at the loot!)
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like creating things from scratch (the table) Doing work on wood is always interesting. (I discovered this while assembling working models of boats and ships)
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you blogging again! I'm still hoping for pics of your trip to NY. I can't wait to see your finished book either!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the literary club, it's about bloody time. You are an awesome writer. I don't read your posts for gifts, I pay attention because you are so darn intriguing.
ReplyDeleteO wow, that table is amazing. And your new baby? Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteYes, I have looked in on you and thought you must be out riding all this time! So excited about you writing that book; you know "I always told you so". :) And, yikes, I don't have any of those books among my addiction! Glad you're back!!!
ReplyDeleteYup. I sure did miss this space. Welcome home!
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo! Writing a book! It's going to be sooo good, I just know it!
You've had an exciting and awesome filled month. Yay!
Please don't enter me in the drawing. I am holding out to be one of the first to purchase an autographed copy of your new book! Where do I sign up?
Welcome back. I hope you do write a book, I will help support your process!!!!!! Hugs
ReplyDeleteha ha....and to think it only took you all this time to get to it
ReplyDelete.....you must have clicked those red heels
..so happy for your happiness
Absolutely knew you were gone, and am glad to welcome you back. Not entering the drawing but am looking forward to reading about your next journey as you write your book!
ReplyDeleteElena, welcome back!!!! I have been missing you, your posts, and your wonderful self so much. Glad to see you back.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Elena and yes I did miss you. Do you remember it is just over 2 years ago since you painted and danced in your studio?
ReplyDeleteLove your blog Elena! Thank you for stopping by to visit me. I am quite impressed with that new table. Quite a step up from the contraption that I think I would make. (I'm not too good with levels.) Your bike is beautiful. What fun!
ReplyDeleteW0W whata table! Very nice Is there a finished pic of it?
ReplyDeleteWould love to win one of those journals : )