I can't thank you enough
for the comments to the previous post
I hope it didn't sound like I was looking for pity
I really just needed somewhere to be absolutely honest
A purge
I sense I've entered new territory
Seems that everyone around me is dealing with illness or retirement
I sense an atmosphere of defeat
An 'oh well it's near the end' or 'that's all she wrote' attitude
A 'you're bound to get this or that with a long slow death'
Doom and Gloom with everyone in my physical circle
AND IT FREAKS THE HELL OUTTA ME
I'm a sponge
I soak up vibes
Which make me physically ill
I know this for a fact - it's happened before
I can literally cross reference longterm doc visits with whatever emotional exposure I had
It starts out with weird illnesses that the docs can't figure out
(like lettuce allergies - smirk)
And it gets to the point where I start thinking I'm older/sicker than I am
Because I start relating to those around me
It's not good for me to focus too much on the negative
I can't be bombarded too long with a list of medical ailments I'm bound to get
I can't worry about all the bad stuff waiting around the corner
Because at some point I get lost
I forget to live today
I forget to appreciate that I am still alive
I can't hear the birds sing or see the sun shine or feel the wind in my hair
I die
So I pull away from those that poison my vibes
I limit my exposure
I make a list of the things that need to be done and do them
I make whatever preparations need to be done and leave it at that
And I go on living
I've decided to start making summer vacation plans
Pursue publication
Make some tshirts
~ ~ ~
I spoke with my Mama on the phone today and say
"Hey Ma, I think those medic alert buttons are for people who stay close to the base unit"
she says
"Blah! Not for me! I'm heading out to the Salvation Army to see what the old people are doing"
I ask if she's feeling strong enough so she says
"I'm alive. Like hell if I'm going to sit here and make it easy for La Muerte.
That pelona (bald one) is going to have to work at finding me.
And tomorrow I'm going out to play bingo so don't come over."
I say
"Well ok then. I'll look for medic alert with GPS"
~ ~
Looks like we both came to the same conclusion
Live
Forget the Doom and Gloom
and above all else
make La Muerte work at catching up to you
La Muerte is death as depicted in the Mexican Loteria

Yay, yay, yay!! I'm glad you've both decided to keep living and doing. That's your mama I know!! You need to relate to those commercials with the older people out living life and the young ones sitting at home thinking their parents have gone to bed early!! Live, Live, Live there is so much to do, DO IT!! Love you!! :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful post; you're definitely on the right path, dear friend! "I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses," it says in Deuteronomy. "Now CHOOSE LIFE, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him". You know, this is sort of reminding me of this post I'd written a year ago: http://bikbikroro.blogspot.sg/2012/04/on-too-much-information.html
ReplyDeleteExcellent viewpint Elena, I like your Mama!
ReplyDeleteOh Elena, a medic alert with GPS, you crack me up. Hang in there girl. You're on the right track.
ReplyDeleteThat is the beauty of a blog! It's your space to use as you wish. I'm glad you purged and freed yourself. It's a beautiful thing that the release was greeted with love and support, as it should be.
ReplyDeleteKeep away from ugly energy and continue on your path of enlightenment and play. Publication and t-shitrs, yay!
Hug your mama for me. She is one spunky lady!
great big
ReplyDeleteloving hug
I am like you Elena. I soak up the energy around me like a sponge and it does make me sick too...
ReplyDeleteAmen! Focus on the good, LIVE! Vava la vida, chica!
ReplyDelete