"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Not 'why me'

It occurred to me that I've been neglecting my blog again
And that you might think my brain aneurysm, Mr. Bubble, popped
(I wonder if you can blog from the great beyond?)
 ~ ~ ~
After a bad run in with the contrast dye used in a CT scan
I ran away to Santa Fe, NM with the overprotective hubby in tow
Because running to Santa Fe when I'm in trouble is what I do
in response to a relentless gut instinct; a yearning
And then I get there and I'm like 'ok, I'm here, now what'
 
So this time I announced to the heavens all teary-eyed between hubby-mandated naps
"What?! What do you want?! You have to be crystal clear cuz my brain is bubbly!"
(yeah it was chemically-induced drama wink-wink)
And so began a week full of subtle spiritual steps, connections, discoveries
Things that can only be described as 'creepy-cool'
I discovered that while I've always listened to my gut and gone to Santa Fe
I never bothered asking or listening once there

I asked myself 'Why' when I heard about the aneurysm
Not in the sense of 'oh why me and not her' 
(yes, I've been the recipient of that one from others in the past & think it's ugly)
More along the lines of 'damn, what did I do physically to cause this'
And I saw it all clearly
 
Now my question has been replaced with 'Thank You'
as in 'Thank you Mr. Bubble for opening my eyes to what is important
and what is no longer useful in my life and worthy of letting go.
But most importantly, for removing the block to my spiritual growth.'


And with this new mental weeding has come a slow weeding out in my environment
Although let me tell you that I completely freaked the family out
when I started giving away alot of my clothes and things
They demanded to know why I was giving up; why I thought I was dying

I just smirked and said I was making room for the new and improved me
And reminded them my birthday is next week

 

5 comments:

  1. That is a sweet thought "the new and improved me" and giving things away is a way of being more light, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last line is wicked funny, LOL! Good for you and I hope you get lots of goodies for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great courage Elena, learning from this condition. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had read this post before and thought I had commented already.....

    Such courage in the face of adversity and blossoming beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Elena.
    Beautiful Elena...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!