"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Musings on My Quest....

 It's no secret I am my harshest critic
I do not look to others for validation - rather I seek my own approval
I do not compare myself to others in the sense of 'oh everyone is better than me'
rather I wonder how to remove the self imposed obstacles
that keep me from achieving what I admire in others
I do not seek to be loved but rather seek to find myself worthy of loving myself
So that in turn I can fully love those who truly love me

In the past few years since starting on my quest
I realize how much I've learned and changed in the process
I have learned that I will meet people who sound the alarms in my head
And when I choose to ignore those warnings...
well, I'd better be prepared for the lessons I'll face.
But that in seeing the ugly side of people I discover their hidden fears
which in turn expose my hidden fears
that once exposed, can be addressed or released.

I've learned that I don't need to settle on one way of thought
or belief, or craft, or path
That it's ok for me to let go of people and things to make room for more.
That nothing is 'wrong' with me because I continuously seek.
Because I am not seeking answers as the destination...
I seek answers because each one opens up new questions
new lines of thought, explorations, adventures.
Each one acting like a foothold on the climbing wall
leading from one to the next as I climb higher and higher...

For me, life is all about the journey.
It is about the differing opinions, spiritual beliefs, people, 
cultures, lands, hobbies, jobs, emotions, habits, worlds...
the whole beautiful mess.

And when I get stuck, something or someone comes along
to give me that much needed kick.
And I'm back on my gloriously intoxicating journey of exploration.

It's all good.

4 comments:

  1. Three things...

    1. It is soooo good to see you embracing yourself and your quest this way! Yay!
    2. I had zero clue what that picture was until I read the part about climbing! Ha ha ha! Looked like confetti or chalk on a sidewalk. But I knew that wasn't right. Just couldn't place it on this gadget which makes pictures small. Now had it been a couch... ha ha ha
    3. Yup. It's all good.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! Crazy notions like "certainty" and "absolutes" destroy the spiritual journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True progress of the spirit/soul is measured, as you so correctly say, cannot be measured by externals but only by our growing understanding of our own beings and our relationship to the Great Spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!