When I first heard about the aneurysm I was very calm
Then as these things happen it started to sink in and become scary
After a few days I looked at my son and panicked
Fear socked me in the gut
Oh. My. God. I'm going to die.
As I felt the panic climb up my gut into my throat
I started to cry
Then just as fast remembered I'm not supposed to cry
Which made me cry more
And then a new voice, a new thought, in my head
"Hey! Stop it!" it shouted
So I stopped sniveling long enough to listen
"What are you afraid of?" it asked
Leaving my kid alone - I sniveled back
"Ok, really, will he be alone?" it countered
Um..no..but he won't have ME - I insisted
"Well, that's pretty smug of you, no?" it asked
Well, yeah I guess, so maybe I don't want to die.
And it's pretty frustrating having to be so careful not to do anything
that could pop the bubble and cause me to die right now
"Well, you do know everyone dies right? Old age isn't a guarantee.
And you could drop right now from something totally unrelated.
So why worry about it now"
Oh. Yeah.
And that little conversation in my head made all the difference in the world
Good thing it happened early on!
Getting past the panic and seeing my fear through to its end
Made me realize I could either live in fear or choose to keep living while I'm still alive
I'm not here forever
But I am here now
So why waste it in fear and worry
~ ~
Now if I could only get my hubby to see that
Maybe he'd let me back on the motorcycle soon
~
By the way here's my new thought
I'm going to my test next week and the doc will say
"Where's the bubble?! I can't find it!"
What bubble! I like it a lot dear Elena.
ReplyDeleteHey, you never know. Santa Fe may have worked it'smagic on that damn bubble. Stranger things have happened. In the meantime, I know you're alive cuz you're about turn another year older! Tee hee! So "live" it up! Cheesecake won't kill you! Glad you're not worrying....total waste of time for sure! Hope your day is a good one!!!
ReplyDeleteRemember that quote "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength". (have to look up who said it)
ReplyDelete