"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, September 19, 2013

She's Lost Her Mind...

I've been busy again
Since my aneurysm is still hanging out
I have been scheduled for surgery on 9/26
So there were wills to sign, closets to clean, stuff to donate, etc etc
I wasn't sure I wanted to keep writing about this
Because I don't want to sound like those people who get together for lunch
To compare the latest ailment or doctor exams (heehee)

But my son and I were having fun flipping through My Quest's past years
since I have them printed in book format
(no not because I'm vain but because I hope to see my growth)
It occurred to me then that this is part of my journey
And that I have been learning so much and know this is a turning point
So why wouldn't I write about it
It might help my son later down the road and remind me where I've been

So for the next few weeks I'm probably going to be talking alot about my journey
Warning you now in case you also hate those type of lunch talks

~ ~ ~
I am afraid 5% of the time and it goes something like this...
OMG I won't be alive next Friday, I'll have a stroke, I'll be disabled & trapped in my body
I'll need full time care, I'll forget everything, OMG I'll forget Madame Styx!
Then the other 95% of the time it goes something like this...
Thank you God for the gift of the aneurysm
It was like a splash of cold water on the face of my ego's blabbering
Everything I worried about, the indecision, the fears...were exposed 
Things fell away without a second thought and in their place lay fertile ground

I've been amazed by how quickly new things began to sprout
So many creative ideas for Madame Styx
and with each new idea another and another
So much spiritual growth and a sense of peace
And then I started meeting new people on my journey saying
'here, let me share...'
 
So I'm not kidding when I say I am excited
Sure the human part of me gets scared sometimes
Doesn't want to have to deal with the upcoming pain and confusion
But the soul part of me...is very excited and highly amused
Because my excitement is causing confusion
Family and friends think something is wrong with me
They hesitate, not sure if I'm kidding, studying me with raised eyebrow
Wondering if the aneurysm has somehow altered my personality
(it hasn't...Doc says it has no symptoms)
 Even the muscle pain I feel in my neck from the jeep ride
And even the pain associated with the physical therapy
(those therapists are reincarnated torture chamber masters)
hasn't dampened the excitement and the feelings of pure love
(yeah I don't quite get the love part yet either)
 By the way, I'm not on drugs yet-LOL!
 
I am very curious though what effect the surgery will have on my thinking
So I do want to capture that here
I wonder if I'll stop being so curious about life, death and everything
I wonder if I'll transform into a zombie (smirk)
Can you see why I'm excited?
Because even though the pain will be brutal...it's physical
The growth I will go through is spiritual
And such a rare opportunity!

I feel as if I'm entering the Haunted Woods in the Wizard of Oz
It won't be fun but my eye is on the prize behind those woods
 
I should note that as of tomorrow I have to stop using my hormone patch
I've been on it for nine years
And the withdrawal symptoms are going to be brutal
So those love feelings I was talking about
Just might be a thing of the past (Ha!)
 
So for today I'll still wear the cheesy smirk and feel the love
 

9 comments:

  1. your attitude and braveness astounds me !!!
    praying for you and all that you are and will be going through !!!
    xooxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your attitude, and your 5 percent, 95 percent way of thinking and hope the surgery is a total success.
    "For I will restore your health to you, and I will heal your wounds, says the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great attitude to your upcoming surgery! May it get you through the coming hot flashes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Just checked in after a long time away from blogs...Nice to read your words again. Sending lots of love and hugs for the upcoming surgery. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will enjoy following along on your journey through the unknown. I'm sure everyone reacts differently to this sort of thing. Glad you are keeping your sanity in a cheerful way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing attitude - wonderful that you can see the gift aspect of the aneurism, helping you to see what is most precious in your life. I hope the surgery goes well, Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery, dear Elena. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a wonderful ability to express the most serious of matters with humour, never diminishing the situation, recognizing it for what it is, a bump on the eternal road and laughing at it. My dear Elena long may you be you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness Elena, I will be thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!