"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, September 23, 2013

Sans Hormone Patch...

Feeling pretty good except a teeny frustrated that I can't move as fast as I'm used to
But I think that's because my body is starting to catch on that
the hormone patch is missing (shhhhhhh)
It's been four days and no real symptoms except for teeny headache
Hoping if any of the menopausal symptoms come full force
that they wait until surgery day Thursday
then I can scare the beejeezus out of my surgeon LOL! 

I've been trying to keep my family calm
I hear the terror in my Mama's voice and see how my son and hubby look at me
It's like everyone is holding their breath and I feel horrible for causing them pain
But I keep reassuring them that they're all stuck with me 
I bought them all little teeny angels that I'll give them before surgery
A little part of me for them to hold on to & a reminder that there's so much more

I've discovered another cool thing about this situation
Like walking up to an old house and throwing open all the windows & doors
Everything is exposed
I started with clearing away many items...finding them new homes
Then old issues came up and some I held, looked at & realized they were done
Others I held and they pulled off old scabs to expose the hurt all over again
I knew I hadn't learned yet & risked it coming back
Finally I came to terms that some people are just selfish
but that their selfishness made me recognize my selfishness
and that it's ok for me to feel I deserve better
I learned that not everyone is meant to stay in your life
But that everyone that touches your life teaches something

And once I understood that, new people came into my life
Random mentors, peers, creepy cool coincidences...all in a matter of weeks
Family I hardly know are calling & I'm getting to know them better
Strangers are having Masses said, the spiritual mojos are including me in healing circles
 or I'm meeting new ones in 'chance' encounters
even another spiritual mojo who rides a motorcycle!
People I've never met are showing me more love than I thought possible
And there's a deepening in the relationships with a couple I've known
Even my husband's ex-wife has offered to come take care of me
(no not like that, she likes me)

Through it all I feel as if I'm watching from afar
Pleased to see that there's an undercurrent of goodness
where at first glance you only see the ugliness
The world strives to balance
Good must have bad
 I won't go any further before you too accuse me of the aneurysm
affecting my thinking (LOL!!)
 
It's like the Universe says
 'congratulations on completing this level, here's your starter package for the next one...'
And I'm so freaking excited
I want to rush through this coming phase but know I cannot
I need to cleanse, heal, just be
And I'm going into it with open eyes, ears, heart and soul
(see how I didn't say head lol!)
I know I will have a lot to learn in the next few months
I just hope I am of sound mind to capture most of it ;)
A tiny part of me worries that the excitement will be over when I get to the other side 
but Life always changes & I have no doubt I'll continue growing & learning
 
~ ~ ~

A few people have asked me why I can't bend below the waist after surgery
So I told them this is why

Hey it can happen
What if the Doc doesn't tighten my skull screws

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear. The dog WOULD eat your brains too. They're bad like that. I'm glad so much support is coming your way and may it ease your recovery back to full health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is so wise and upbeat, and I like that silly cartoon. How good so many people, even new people, are in your life and care for you.
    "For I will restore your health to you, and I will heal your wounds, says the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your positive attitude and open loving heart are guiding you through this process so well, Beautiful One. I am so glad that you know how well you are loved and that you have a good circle of support around you. Fear is there, of course, for those who love you and I am sure in yourself often. But what will get you through is faith, love and patience. And you have those !
    Keeping that love bubble around you always.
    Much love !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much to say just that I am here, reading your words and with you in a energy kinda way. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post Elena straight from the heart to the heart. Please let me know the date and expected time for your surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!