"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, July 26, 2013

Treasures

The Kid and I were walking along the beach
a few days after I rattled my brain (teehee)
enjoying the amazing sunshine, the smells and sounds only found near the ocean
and enjoying the blast of cold water around my ankles as the waves crashed on shore

Every so often I'd stick my hand through the sea foam 
deep into the sand below
close my fingers and see what treasure I might find
At one point I found this

The heart shaped rock (not the dime ha!)
 I kept walking about 6', waves splashing against my legs, reached down 
and pulled out this shell
The shell, again not the dime, although $ would be welcomed
 I opened my other hand to look at my first treasure
put them together like a puzzle piece, found that they fit, and
with a smirk I said a mental 'hey thanks Angels'

Walked another 6' or so reached down and pulled out this shell
Ok so you have to have my imagination to see a wing shape in this shell

Laughing I showed The Kid and told him what happened
he said
'You know you're weird, right?'
~
Yep, I know I'm weird
but I embrace my weirdness now
and if I choose to believe in Angels as messengers so be it
because I know the world is damned magical when we open our eyes

I'd like to think I received this little gift
As a reminder to stay open to the wonders in life
not to assume something isn't possible because it doesn't make sense
doesn't follow the rules

Because what the hell are the chances of finding a heart that fits a shell buried deep in the sand 
several feet from each other pounded by the ocean waves

Then again it could've just been a joke from God
surrounded by angels and my ancestors
saying "Watch this! Watch this! She's so easily amused!"


Here's how they fit together; now resting among other treasures at home

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What an amazing gift!!! That is so cool!
    Since I am just the same kind of weird as you, which I am very proud of, by the way, you are right to think I totally get how very special this little adventure was ! Sweet treasures! Enjoy!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems to me an amazing gift from the sea and i would treasure it more than jewels from the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with being who you are, definately not weird just honest. Andwhen we find these little treasures we realize that hope is never to be discarded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! What an amazing find! Those angels ARE watching over you, Elena.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!