"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Survived the Tube!

As I lay in the MRI machine yesterday
I couldn't help but be amused by the power of my brain

I'm claustrophobic
Armed with headphones playing my husband's favorite country channel
And eyes squeezed shut so hard that my eyelashes seemed to be inside my eyeballs
I ignored the plastic guard on my head
And constraints on my neck

"You can't move," one side of my brain teased "it's closing in."
With slight panic and skipping heartbeats the other side of my brain replied
"I can move if I want to. I'm in a large open field, sleepily relaxing on the ground."
"You mean the ground that's swallowing you? It's dark. Can you feel it? Look!" it chided
At the fluttering of my eyes I panicked "Don't open your eyes! Can you see the huge expanses of sky and land that goes for miles. Feel the warmth of the sun." 
"Feel that needle in your arm? Tubing that ties you to the table? Constraints. 
You can't move."
Now I'm really panicking wondering how far I have to scuttle downwards on the table
And how far I'll get if I run
And then I think...hell I'm fighting with myself. 
My brain is doing this to me.
NOT the machine.

And so it went for over an hour
BLOOMP, BLOOMP, chatter, chatter, panic, WHIRR, WHIRR, chatter, chatter
and in between there was unexpected chatter
about my next endeavors with Madame Styx
I'll be honest here...I'm pursuing publication
And currently fighting the mind chatter that goes with it
But in true Madame fashion...she responded to me with a post

The thing is 
Whatever that voice is that tries to scare the beejeezus out of me
Really isn't
It's trying to get my attention
Like jumping up and down saying hey! hey look over here!
Because if I find the courage to confront it and look behind it
I find that the 'monster' disappears once it has my attention

I'm not afraid of failing with Madame Styx
I'm afraid nobody cares
As in not one person will care for her message
That Madame will not be able to help even ONE person in the world
Because that's my goal...to help atleast ONE person
I may not be able to save the world
But if I help ONE person remember his/her greatness...
and that person goes on to be the next great inventor or finds a cure for cancer 
or starts the family line that somewhere along the line births the person
who invents the means to feed the hungry without poisoning everyone
well, hell, that would be a successful venture 
I don't want to be rich and famous
I want to wake up the other sleepers like me
And there it was
Madame Styx woke me up
She helped ONE person

Now I can go on and let her try to help another person
If you're interested...here's the Madame Styx post
that resulted from yesterday's mind chatter


4 comments:

  1. Glad you survived The Tube! I've only ever had one MRI and found that it was okay so long as I kept my eyes closed. What really surprised me about the MRI machine was how goddamn NOISY it is! Did not expect that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you survived! I know they are tough. I am also somewhat claustrophobic and have had several MRI's. Once I agreed to having two in a row. By about half way thru the 2nd one I was sure I had found my own personal version of hell!!
    You don't need to worry about Madame Styx failing. She is already a success in my book! And she's probably already helped more people than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love and bless your aims for Madame Styx. The MRI sounds tough to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is so true, our minds have us jumping through hoops if we allow it. Inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!