"Get back to your normal routine"
the pamphlets read
Normal? What's my normal?
Umm....hmmm...ok...
Umm....hmmm...ok...
'ship lost at sea' is more like it
heehee
So I look around for normalcy...
that steady place from which I'll grow
and instead I find mass confusion
I have a gazillion false starts
A bunch of loose ends
I'm an interest hoarder
Things I thought I'd like to try and lost interest
Groups I tried to hang with and got bored
I am a chameleon...I can mimic those around me
Sometimes so well that I start to believe I'm one of them
and then I quickly realize I'm not
nor do I want to be
So I pick up each dangling piece and decide to start clearing them out
Perhaps somewhere in there I'll find the real me
When the heck did I lose myself?
Or perhaps I never found myself to begin with
Oh boy...I'm too old, and tired, for this
I wonder if I can backtrack and start anew? Wipe the slate.
I open up the self help books and they all say the same thing
Follow your passion. Do what you love. You know what it is.
Yeah. Ok. I do not know the answer to those questions.
And from reading and talking I'm finding there are alot of others like me.
So I decide it's just a bunch of marketing nonsense...
and toss the books into the give away pile.
I decide I'm good now
I am where I need to be
I'm lost but who cares.
I still show up everyday.
And everyday I'll clear out those dangling pieces
and make room to breathe.
I'll do what interests me at the time and let it go when it's done.
~ ~ ~
Interestingly I still can't think visually
I used to see pictures in my head and can't anymore
But once in a while I'll dream with lots of colorful pictures and when I wake
I can think visually again
But then it's gone for several weeks
I swear the brain is so damned fascinating

Yes, do what interests you for the day. If I know you, your time will always be occupied. And here's the quote for the day on my calendar - "You are never too old to set another goal or dream another dream." C.D. Lewis
ReplyDeleteC.S. Lewis (sorry)
ReplyDeleteGood morning Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI'm learning that part of "finding yourself" is to not look so darned hard. The old "wherever you go there you are" is oh so true!
Everything you express, do, love, is all a part of "who you are" and perhaps you are a diverse chameleon who should embrace all your shades/moods/styles etc... and whatever. Once you stop looking out there you will realize you were right here all along!
Hello Madame Styx! Oh how I adore and miss seeing you!!!
Happy St. Pats Day to you both.
Doesn't part of you just sigh and feel so thankful that you are just where you are in this moment? This striving to fulfil your dreams, make your mark, find your purpose can just feel so overwhelming and huge !
ReplyDeleteWhat if your purpose is just to BE. Be here now. Smell the smells, taste the tastes, see the sights, hear the sounds, feel the feelings and the sensations. And notice and soak them in. Ah just thinking this makes me relax. Because if that is what I am meant to do, to just be, I know I can do it. I already BE.
Sending you love and light, BEautiful !
What if your purpose if just to be ? Just the thought of that makes me relax.
ReplyDeleteSending you light and love, BEautiful !
I think the problem is that we all like "end results" and we forget life is an ongoing process. Change is the one constant.....................
ReplyDeleteI've got projects everywhere, those that interest me are usually preempted by those that need to get done and then again by the changing seasons priorities. Keeps my mind in a whirlwind. Be whatever you need to be in the moment.
ReplyDelete