When I first started this blog I said I didn't like people
At the time I was familiar more with those of shallow mind
Who would rather poison than live
What blogging uncovered was another world beneath this ugly exterior
That when you expose a part of your true self, you get to see others true selves
And it gave me hope in humanity
And as I started to interact more with people
I discovered people are strange creatures
What would normally make me turn and run had me stop and observe
And this is what I've discovered so far
Most of us just want to be heard...we want to share our voice
We don't need criticism because what's good for you may not be good for me
There are those who feel out of control and feel a need to try and control others
Or those who find it easier to give away their control to avoid conflict
or because they believe someone knows best or out of fear
And often times it's hard getting your control back
Some people prefer to stay stuck in victim-mode;
it's familiar to the point that they think it's who they are
And that it is dangerous to be around these people
Some people would rather focus on everything else but themselves
Many of us forget our true power
That we are all capable of just as much as the other
That by standing true to ourselves, listening to our inner guidance,
we already have alot of what it takes to grow
That the worst thing we can do is act out of fear
(fear of success, fear of failure, fear of not belonging,
fear that others are talking about you or not talking to you,
or looking at you or not looking at you
see how silly it sounds?)
And then there are the diamonds scattered amongst the lost
People who keep to themselves
Perhaps because they've been touched in a bad way by the others
And prefer to retreat than to share
And those are the types I have discovered hidden among this virtual world
Some I want to keep and others I've tossed back
But the ones I keep are truly precious
Some are sharing their gift and spreading the love amongst others
Waking others to their truth
Imagine what it could be like if we all did the same?
Yep, people are truly intriguing
It would be easy for me to say 'screw people' I don't want to be bothered
but the truth is, I find people rather interesting
REAL people
not the shallow, self important, fear consumed
and when these enter my life I can calmly observe
and push them on their way
Well, you've just described all of humanity, and trust me, all of us have a few (if not more) of those traits in us, whether we like it or not.
ReplyDeleteThere is no perfect person.....none of us are divine.
XXOO~~
Anne
We are spiritual beings in physical bodies experiencing human conditions. What a perfect learning opportunity. I believe the key is balance. To avoid slapping on the blinders and constantly learn and tweak here and there as we continue to grow and in turn serve to help others do the same. Beautiful when you think about it.
DeleteWhat Anne says, what you have written is all true...we have our flaws none of us is Divine...yet we each contain a spark of Divinity, our task is to allow that to shine through and encourage the flame within others through lovingkindness and compassion...imho.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Laura
There are always a few gems among the gravel!
ReplyDeleteI have found over the years that with most people there is either fear or love. When you love, you can allow yourself and others to be who they are. When you fear, then you try to control yourself and other, which never ends well. Still it is everyone's choice. All we can do is love when we are not afraid ourselves... Hugs, Silke
ReplyDeleteI strive always to be open minded and empathetic, to attempt to see the world through other beings eyes, to look for the good in people. There is always something good to be found if one looks closely enough.
ReplyDeleteA whole world of people doing the best they can with what they know, believe, feel in this bittersweet, beautiful, scary, chaotic moment...
ReplyDeleteAll I know for sure is that Love is the answer to every question. And it's what I, you and the world needs now. ;-)
Big Love to you, Seeker Girl !
Great post Elena, another milestone on the journey!
ReplyDeleteDiamond mining is hard work, but well worth the effort. For me, you had a sparkle from day one!
ReplyDelete