"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, November 5, 2012

Delirium?

I've been busy lately
After building the table
my hubby offered to let me help build the garage
After erecting four walls my brother in law arrived and I was fired
Can you say 'grrrrrrrrr'
Instead of standing up for myself...or pushing someone off the closest ladder
I'm ashamed to say I pouted for a few hours
Ate Reeses
Then launched a mass attack on the house
I reorganized every closet and crawl space
Delivered five bags of clothing and stuff to Goodwill
Sorted through every single piece of paper and file in this house
Medical, school, work, birth/death certificates, house sales/purchases, divorces/marriages
It was like an episode of This is Your Life
Watching my life thus far unfold before me flip book style

Flipping through old work blueprints and files (and the smell of lumber outside)
made me miss work even more
Flipping through old sketches and finding notes for new project ideas
made me want to try creating more
With a 'oh what the hell' muttered under my breath
I swore at my dueling personalities
Told them to start playing nice...or else
But each wants something completely different
Each as stubborn as the other and determined to win
 I then remembered a conversation with my NY friend a few weeks ago
I told her that at the center of my family crest are two rams butting heads
She looked at me and said 
"Perfect. The point at which they meet is the strongest...much like an arch"
~
An arch uses compressive forces to hold it together in a state of equilibrium
(Ok...I'm about to get deep here so grab a seat)
What if the reason I've developed these 'dual personalities'
Is not to drive me batty
but because I'm supposed to use the finest qualities of both
Each supporting the other in a perfect balance
much like the archway
where I'm to walk through and emerge a stronger person on the other side
Yep it could be that
Or it could be that I'm delirious with exhaustion since I was back on garage duty today
And every molecule of my body is in a good-sort-of-pain
tee hee


5 comments:

  1. Good for you, finding strength in perspective, AND reclaiming your builder's place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRAVO!!!!!

    Yup. I screamed. Because you deserve it!

    (standing on a chair, hands high in the air, clapping, praising, yelling)

    BRAVO!!!!!

    Excellent lesson. Brilliant student.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you mean he fired you???????????? The NERVE!!!!!!!! I am glad you were able to find strength amidst anger.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!