There's an idea being shared on Facebook
to jot down accomplishments on small slips of paper
and place them in an empty jar throughout the year
and at the end of the year you pull them out and celebrate your successes
I like this
This focus on gratitude, celebration, joy
so fitting with the holiday season
Someone asked recently if I was picking a word for the new year
Knowing that the past years of Love, Trust, & Passion
have progressively left me feeling like I jumped out of a plane (without a 'chute)...
I hesitated
But as you know from my December 5th post, I couldn't hide
I tried covering my ears, shutting my eyes, singing LALALALA loudly
but the Universe always has other plans
and Alchemy sat there smugly
with an evil glint in its eyes
as if to say "oh the things I've got planned for you"
(gulp)
I'll admit I was afraid
Wondering just how long I could hide in my house
Avoiding any human contact and internet relationships
But then I admitted that if it weren't for those past words
I wouldn't know what I was made of
Each word acting like instruments of excavation
that slowly unearth the real me that's been buried
beneath preconceptions, doubts, fears, others' opinions and expectations
Each word has built upon the last
Each year's lessons a continuation of the year prior
Each one uncovering the fragments of who I am
As I step fully into the person I am meant to be
As I lay in bed yesterday morning I wondered if this living with intent is even worth it
And slowly realized how much I've grown in the past few years
And knew it was definitely worth the choice to live with my eyes open rather than closed
So I enter the new year ready
I've released people, things, ideas that are no longer useful
I have a deeper affection for those that remain
Like the jar, I am ready to be filled with new adventures, new learning opportunities
I have no doubts that Alchemy will bring internal and external transformations
as I continue my quest towards
spiritual, emotional, physical, and mental balance
And in the process
I'll discover more of who I really am
I'll discover more of who I really am
~ ~ ~~
Alchemy 'any seemingly magical process of transmuting ordinary materials
into something of true merit.'
into something of true merit.'
~~~
“The secrets of alchemy exist to transform
mortals from a state of suffering and ignorance to a state of
enlightenment and bliss.” ~Deepak Chopra
~~
“This is why alchemy exists," the boy said.
"So that everyone will search for his treasure, find it, and then want to be better than he was in his former life. Lead will play its role until the world has no further need for lead; and then lead will have to turn itself into gold. That's what alchemists do. They show that, when we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.”~ Paulo Coelho
"So that everyone will search for his treasure, find it, and then want to be better than he was in his former life. Lead will play its role until the world has no further need for lead; and then lead will have to turn itself into gold. That's what alchemists do. They show that, when we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.”~ Paulo Coelho
~
“Oh the places you'll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to
be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do
with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.”
~Dr.Seuss "Oh the Places You'll Go"

Wishing you all the best in your 2013 alchemical journey!
ReplyDeleteWow Elena, I love this idea. It's like a materialization of the things we've done. I am wishing you a full jar of wonderful accomplishments in 2013!!!
ReplyDelete