Been busy living and enjoying life
Surrounded by family and friends at Thanksgiving
And even more family later, where 38 of us laughed and carried
on in my home
Enjoying the connections. Enjoying life
Seeing as how I keep disappearing
I wanted to make sure I caught some thoughts for myself
Before the year is through
As in prior years, this year’s word didn’t let me down
Truth be told…PASSION
kicked my ass
When I was little I used to hang around my oldest brother
I asked, “What’s a dipstick? (after hearing him use it for
the umpteenth time)
His response, “It’s a stick you dip in shit.”
~
PASSION acted like a dipstick that stirred through my life
Temporarily lost in the resulting shit-storm
It wasn’t until later that I was able to appreciate what it
had done
With everything stirred up, nothing is hidden
I was able to eliminate the people and things I had unconsciously
outgrown
As a result, I found myself with room for growth
And grow I did
I discovered a ‘passion’ for construction
A ‘passion’ for connections with strangers
A ‘passion’ for deep thinking and an understanding that not
everyone does
A ‘passion’ for travel and the world at large
A ‘passion’ for meeting others and hearing their story
This year I also had a chance to personally meet bloggers I’ve
met online
Hosting an artist from Australia and the resulting get
togethers in
Chicago, Seattle & Washington
Chicago, Seattle & Washington
Have met strangers who’ve become friends in
North Dakota, New York, Connecticut, Ohio
North Dakota, New York, Connecticut, Ohio
Even learned it’s close to impossible to sleep in a spooky
eastern house (heehee)
And firehouse pancake breakfast with strangers is lots of fun
And firehouse pancake breakfast with strangers is lots of fun
I’ve learned more about people in one year than I have in a
lifetime
Seen the good and bad
Learned I have choices
Learned that Passion is not to be hidden or squashed
And learned to trust my gut the first time
Most importantly
I’ve learned that when a word picks you for the year
It means business
(Two friends who also let a word pick them can attest to
this..heehee)
So now that it’s December
I’ve been hiding
Trying to shut my mind off to the attack
Trying desperately not to let a word get me for 2013
I’m too chicken shit
Thinking I had the upper hand
It suddenly hit me
The word picked me last month
It’s been there, everywhere, almost daily
Smugly, arms loosely crossed, it watched from the sidelines
I think I even saw little smoke tendrils dancing from the
cigarette
that balanced at the slight curl of its lips
that balanced at the slight curl of its lips
Alchemy
Oh.No.
My only hope is that the Mayans were correct and we’re
falling into the sea
on 12/21/12
on 12/21/12
Or hurling into outer space when the planet spins out of control
Or boarding the mother ship
Or boarding the mother ship
Or the spirituals are right
And this is the end of the world as we know it
Meaning…big changes
Sweet
You have been through a lot this year. I guess we all have to some extent. Your journey has been very cool to watch except that I hate to see you suffer! I know....I guess sometimes we have to. How else do we grow? By the way, I'm hiding from a word too!! But I'm sure one will find me when the time comes!
ReplyDeleteAww dear buddy it's only growing pains. It opens the door for bigger and better. It forces me to bypass hoarder tendencies and let go of that which is no longer useful. Cleaning spiritual house :)
DeleteAlchemy . . . what a great word! But yes, it promises fundamental changes, doesn't it? Alchemists were always trying to turn metal into gold . . . will you be the one to find the Philosopher's Stone?
ReplyDeleteThat is not a word that you can hide from. Hugs
ReplyDeleteyou are still funny
ReplyDeleteWhat a year and what an honor to watch you grow. I am secretly hoping I am chosen by a word this coming year. After this past year, well... you know. If one chooses me, I will trust that... oh crap. Maybe that's the word. Couldn't finish the sentence because "trust" stopped me.
ReplyDeleteAAaaaaack!!!!!!! (running for the hills)
;)
Ooooo...powerful word for you. Perfect!
ReplyDeleteAre you writing?
ReplyDelete