"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, January 21, 2013

Clearing the Clutter

I've been letting go...
 
of things
Going from room to room
Eliminating things that no longer serve a purpose in my life
Keeping only what makes me smile or serves a need
"Clutter clearing is modern-day alchemy" 
~Denise Linn
 
of people
In my heart I know when it's time to cut the cord
but sometimes my head says otherwise
"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.
When you figure out which it is, you will know what to do." 
~Michele Ventor
 
of thoughts
behaviors, self-talk
Ever notice how some thoughts are so ingrained they've formed ruts in your brain?
So I figured if I want something different
And it hasn't changed
then it's time to change my thoughts
"What we think, we become"
~Buddhist quote

 I thought I was using all this clutter-clearing as an avoidance tactic
When in reality, letting go has fertilized my journey
Besides feeling lighter & freer, I've had
New ideas, people, opportunities
'doors' opening
 
"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary
so that the necessary may speak"
~Hans Hofmann
 
 And perhaps that's why I felt a need to let go
Maybe things had become so (physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually) cluttered
that I could no longer see my way around
 
"He is so rich he has no room to shit"
~Marcus Aurelius

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've done your Spring Cleaning early! Love that Marcus Aurelius quotation, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearing clutter. Ah yes. Free that Chi baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes! Glad you are feeling lighter. I love that feeling and haven't had it for awhile. Time to clean out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decluttering - is the most uplifting - even spiritual process that one can do - get rid of the stuff that you don't need - what a feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post !!!!!!
    You inspire me, Seeker Girl !
    Out out, damn clutter !
    Happy Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!