"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, January 28, 2013

Come into my parlour...

Ever see the fly get caught in a web
The moment of surprise followed by the attempted escape
Confusion…then the mad thrash that seals its fate
Resigned it lies there
Wrapped & twisted in binds it cannot see nor comprehend
 ~
Life does that sometimes
Something catches us off guard
In our confusion we fight against it
We seek to understand - to make it better, but often make it worse

Tempted to give up caring in a world so troubled I wonder - why bother?
~
Ever see the fly spent by its frantic thrashing
lie perfectly still and slowly work its way out
~
When overcome by the ugliness in the world
I find it's best to stop, rest, retrace my steps
To remember I have a choice in who and what I allow in my life
That by ignoring, I am not hiding my head in the sand but rather
I am protecting my light
 ~
Sometimes the fly is so entangled, it seems hopeless
So I reach in and pluck it free
 ~
Just like the Universe always sends someone or something with a reminder
that for all the shitty-ness in the world
There's always something worth the effort

~ ~ ~
"Will you walk into my parlour?" said the spider to the fly...
from the Mary Howitt poem

7 comments:

  1. Well said Elena and so, so very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I know this !!!
    I have had moments of true dispair in the last 6 months or so that ran deeper than ever before. But somehow, when I return to love, which I have so much of in my life, I get still enough to see the reasons for going on. And hell, the world needs all the love juice it can get, doesn't it ? I can't take my light and love away from it too.
    I am grateful for your light and your heart, Elena, in this bittersweet beautiful world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Queen, it's your constant message of Love that reminds me to try and keep it cool when sometimes I just don't want to ;)

      Delete
  3. Ok. Thank you.
    Ok - 'cuz I maybe got an answer that I had been searching for after reading it.
    Thank you - for writing this, so that I could read it and feel a bit calmer.
    And........ eshhhhhhhh i'm so tired of struggling and the trying to work my way out patiently, where the hell is whoever who is going to have mercy and pick me up out of the darned web?
    ok, I have ranted, now time to go and find my Zen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally get it...the feeling from your response. Sometimes you just want to scream "I'm tired of being all zen! Help me now plz!"...yeah just like that. And then in the messiest of things I'll turn away from the situation and ride, walk, splash paint around, hit the punching bag :) and that temporary reprieve atleast gives me a bit of breathing space for a moment. And sometimes that's enough to renew the spirit. Hugs sweet lady!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!