"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, January 11, 2013

On falling in love...

Isn't it funny when you fall in love
How you lose your common sense
As the world expands in an intoxicating swirl of colors, sounds, tastes, smells
that nothing outside it can penetrate?

It knows no bounds, extending itself not only into amorous love
but also with a new friend, a group or even an idea
As you get to know each other and discover similarities
You gladly pop the rose-tinted glasses upon your nose and skip into the beckoning swirl
Where hope, dreams, excitement, adventure await

Lost in a happy jig, you ignore the little warnings that tap you on the shoulder
The ones that try to tell you this isn't where you belong
And you skip deeper into the swirl to lose yourself some more

But eventually there comes a time when the momentum is lost
the glasses fall off and you're left wide-eyed and mouth agape
standing absolutely still 
as you try to decide
if you should stay 
or turn and run

I ran
~ ~ ~
As with everything the Universe brings my way
I learned valuable lessons 
and wouldn't have traded this opportunity
But
now I find myself with an idea that has planted itself in my brain
and I'm resisting the urge to fall in love
because each time the swirl loses momentum
there are bruises left to heal

I just have to decide if the bruises are worth it


16 comments:

  1. My curiosity is piqued! I wonder what you're falling in love with? I'm not sure that there HAVE to be bruises every time. This post makes me think about following dreams.....I am always hesitant because I think there is always a "price" and most times I can't decide if the the dream is worth the price.....do I want it bad enough to pay the "price"? Questions I can never seem to answer definitively. I hope you feel that yours are worth risking a few bruises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! Bruises heal. We have one lifetime so it's probably best to live it to the fullest right?

      Delete
  2. Imagine never having had that swirling dervish of emotions that make up falling in love ? Yes, the bruises are worth it !

    Love and light to you, Beautiful Seeker !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, there's no way to love without opening yourself to vulnerability. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the 'good luck' at the end there. Had a visual of scrunched up eyes and hunched shoulders as I 'braved' my pursuit. heehee

      Delete
  4. These bruises leave an imprint on the soul, some see it as beautiful others see it as a scar......

    Big :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes John. That's what makes it so scary.

      Delete
  5. Of all the times I've fallen in love, of all the times I've had my heart broken, I regret none... I loved, I was loved, I hurt, I've been hurt. Regardless, I live. Elena, you are a beautiful soul, don't stop living my friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Lady...you're right. Every moment, good/bad, joining to create who we are at this time. Growth.

      Delete
  6. I have a suggestion. Perhaps you fear bruises because you "fall" in love. This time, rather than fall, choose to "be" in love! If you are present in love, there is no falling, therefore no bruising!

    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well said Sweets! Awareness is key I suppose.

      Delete
  7. I know that feeling, I think this is the feeling with which my 2013 began, I am resisting the idea of falling in love, not just love but even friendships, because I do not know if all those bruises or scars are worth their while, maybe they are, maybe I am just too hurt and smarting from all the pain that I don't want to see the beauty the lies in this cycle of finding and loosing love and people again. Maybe I am too angry at being hurt, at being let down, but so it is now, maybe I'll find my way into love and friendship again, but for now I am just wandering alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I get it Kyra! Often wondering if it was worth getting to know a person better only to find you really don't like what you found. The thing is though...that somewhere in those 'thorns' you find that one person (or more) that are really worth it. You find that bosom buddy that you feel you've known forever. That doesn't mean I'll let people too close anymore but I'm learning that sometimes we have to wander alone and sometimes we need to let someone walk beside us for a while. Growth.

      Delete
  8. Send me directions to perfect when you find it. In the meantime, I plan to live with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't send you directions because my perfect won't be your perfect. Our journeys are as different as our definitions of love are. Happy trails bud!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!