While running errands Saturday
the hubby decided he'd like to eat at a steak restaurant
I'm still not able to eat many foods but figured I'd try soup
Foolishly though I forgot that for now I have a sensitivity to meat
specifically meat that is cooking
Needless to say I didn't last long
There was nothing I could eat on the menu
And the smell of meat was making it hard to breathe
I tried to ignore it but the hubby said my eyes started to dilate
So he sent me to the car while the waitress packed his food to go
Sitting alone in the car I felt sad for a moment as I realized things are different
My life isn't the same anymore; my thinking is even different
But it doesn't feel 'final'...I feel the transition and I am ok with it
I just have to keep reminding those around me that I am still morphing
~ ~ ~
I've been listening to everyone complain about the cold
and remember how everyone complained about the heat
I hear people complain about work and then about lack of work
Complaining isn't bad so long as it doesn't consume...it's an observation
Complaining isn't bad so long as it doesn't consume...it's an observation
Whatever it is...the comments are usually about the extremes
The extremes prompt change
The extremes have a tendency to put a strain on things
Not many people like the discomfort the extremes present
But the extremes also have an amazing ability to bring out the best in someone
People tend to rally together; they help one another; they're not as selfish
The extremes can be external or internal
they show us what we are made of
they expose the good and bad and expose our true strength
and like everything they are not permanent
I'm going through an internal extreme right now
and I find that it's easier to deal with the changes by floating along with them
Because on the occasions I fight it, I sink
Instead I listen and tweak along
I'm going with the flow watching not to bang my head on the rocks
(smirk)
I'm going with the flow watching not to bang my head on the rocks
(smirk)
I also realize my extreme has created little ripple extremes for others
but I can't control that and they'll just have to float alongside me
or
I may just morph into something they won't like
LOL! KIDDING!
Absolutely perfect! What a strong, insightful and well-thought post.
ReplyDeleteImmediately when you said you went in w/him for his steak dinner, I knew it was an "uh-oh" as far as meat smell! Ha ha! Silly!
But the fact that it prompted you to contemplate and come up with this masterpiece, well, I would say there definitely was a reason for the restaurant stop (not to mention your guy got is steak dinner). ;)
This post is a seamless Elena post. Like you never skipped a beat from pre-op. You are definitely well on your way to healing. The proof is in this post.
Felt so good to read. Hugs Sistah!
Touching in to say hello. Hugs
ReplyDeleteAn EXTREMEly interseting post Elena! :) I often think when we feel extreme pressure that it is the Universe "inviting" us to find out what we are made of and to test our foundation beliefs.
ReplyDeleteProfound insight, glad I stopped by.
ReplyDelete