"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Not All People are Lousy

There's something I don't understand
It's been nagging me for weeks 
Tickling some part of my brain insisting to be heard
But as soon as I try to listen it shuts up and disappears

I want to share Madame Styx and the cards with more people
The problem is I'm torn on how to do it
And whether I really want to do it
because I've lost faith in people's goodness

Sounds cynical right?

The thing is while I've been healing
I've been following some cool sites on Facebook
where people share stories of good deeds.
I've noticed an increase in sarcastic comments all over
where people nitpick grammar or the validity of a story
When really...it doesn't matter so long as it plants a seed of goodness

Then I've noticed people whine about wanting monetary or physical help
instead of someone offering prayers for a situation

Why does this bother me and why should I care?
If people choose to be ugly, selfish, cynical so be it...have at it
But when they start radiating that negativity out towards others
who in turn radiate the negativity even further...well...bleh
And there will always be people who speak with their mouths not with their hearts
People who are interested in the ME more than the WE

So when I think of my little card or stick figure
I shrug and think 'yeah ok-there is no place in this world for you'
I tell myself my words have no place in the ugliness
But then I think aha you are focusing on the uglies

There are good people out there
People who still smile and share and truly care
even in all the ugliness they keep moving forward helping, sharing, caring
So what if I do decide to add my words to this group
and my sharing helps one person smile
wouldn't it be worth cutting through the negativity atleast for one person
because that one person might then help someone else?

And when I think that way
I realize how many good people there really are
Some I've come to love & appreciate more now in this new life
Some I've just met who have made an impact

I don't know...my thoughts are jumbled
The world sometimes looks dark but when I look closely
I see glimmers of Light
 and it's all good

4 comments:

  1. I believe that when you share good, as you are doing, good will come back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to add yourself to the list! You are a glimmer of light yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like it is our job to do better when we know better. We know that kindness, compassion, prayer and gratitude are the way. Let's keep the faith, lovely one. Share your heart and your light. It will never steer you wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems as if a lot of humanity has forgotten what is truly valuable and good in life. The Universe is constructed this way to test everyone through choice. One light is better than no light and who knows whom it touches! Keep your light shining bright in both your personas Elena!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!