"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The New Normal

I've been interacting with other aneursym people online
Each with different stories...each one a reminder why I'm
SO DAMNED LUCKY
Because had mine popped...well I wouldn't be here yapping

But I'm intrigued by what they all call the New Normal
We will never be normal again so we accept a New normal
Thoughts, bodies, relationships forever affected

The other thing is the intense need for survivors to help others
Some people make themselves available as support systems
to others affected by aneurysms
Some begin volunteering at the hospitals
Some become cheering squads or lead prayer groups
They all reevaluate what they once thought was important

I'm still in the early stages
Still finding comfort in washing dishes and clothes
It has a start and a finish. 
But I also noticed that I have an intense need for order
Things need to be put away...and they aren't always
I have been slowly letting go of people and things that have to be let go
I have gone through the basement and have a large pile to go
I have gone through the studio and donated piles of potential projects
I keep asking the worried looking husband if it's ok
and he said so long as we still have furniture he doesn't care
I'm not replacing things...I'm cleansing

And in cleansing I have discovered a new intense desire to help others
So since I'm so darned yappy I figured I'd put it to use
I've offered my yappy skills to the Habitat for Humanity
until I am physically able to help if ever
I've also offered to help at the new Church I joined
I send out my little cards to those who express a desire to end it
with the hopes that they'll remember they still matter
And then there's Madame Styx...
I know there's something I need to do there 
but honest to goodness I haven't a clue
I need to run some things past an artist advisor of sorts
But I haven't located such a person and I suspect it's because
I haven't come to terms with something in my heart
besides
I'm not in control
I just go where I'm led
It's the New Normal

3 comments:

  1. This post is very insightful, and I like that you are decluttering your home. I want to do more of that. I think offering to help, as you are doing, is part of your healing journey and your new normal that you mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who thinks they are in control doesn´t understand the workings of the Universe. So Elena you are exactly where you need to be, not in "control". This however is a paradox...................

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!