Today is my Birthday
The measurement of passing time
(not unlike passing gas-ha!)
But this one is special
Because I've been practicing all week
to remember how old I am
47, 47, 47, 47 so I can stop saying 45-48
Because it's the first since getting a life extension
And officially the first of two birthdays now
I'll be celebrating 9/26 as life do-over day
My family asked what I wanted
And there's nothing I want or need
I have everything worth anything
Life. Family. Spirituality.
I've discovered an odd peacefulness that peeks in
between bouts of fear or frustration
I've discovered some amazing, authentic, people
I've discovered that I have the ability to stand tall
and in doing so I've seen glimmers of my purpose
The aneurysm was a blessing
Now I just need some birthday cake
and things will be just perfect
Happy Birthday, Elena! May you have a wonderful day and all the cake you can eat!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Debra!
DeleteHappy Birthday! Here is hoping you have many many more, all healthy and happy!
ReplyDeleteVery truly appreciated! Thank you for the beautiful card too.
DeleteHappy Birthday Elena!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuz! Thank you :)
DeleteI hope you had a wonderful time Elena and all the more wonderful when one counts one´s blessings!
ReplyDeleteDearest John...thank you as always.
Delete