"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Icky Blah Yucky

I've been over at Wordpress helping the Madame w/ her new place
But it always feels good to come back here

Things have been a bit surreal lately
My Mama's been ill and we've been dealing with everything that entails
Trying to make her home comfortable while still respecting that it's her home
Still trying to get accustomed to my new role in the family dynamics
Where I've moved from runt to one of those leading the pack
Ok that is just too funny of a visual...leading off a cliff?

Then there's been the really uncomfortable situation
where I had to step way WAY past my comfort zone
to ask people to share Madame Styx
Why? Because my goal is to eventually get her into print
which means I'm trying to build a following
Then sneak some books into medical lobbies where maybe
just maybe they'll soothe someone
The thing is...I hate asking for favors like this
Makes me feel all icky blah yucky

Then there's...
well here's the thing
there are way too many things going on to list here
Things that are forcing changes
Good changes that force growth
whether I'm ready for them or not

Well except for one
Lettuce
It's been trying to kill me lately
The pain it causes my belly lays me out for three days
Then I forget said pain and try again
Three times
I must have been that type of kid who kept touching a hot stove
ow-ow-ow-ow-ow
And yes, I'll try a fourth because I'm not convinced it's the lettuce

4 comments:

  1. Asking people for a favor to spread the word of Madame Styx is considered an honor at the other end of your request, so get over it already! Hiding it in the desk drawer serves no purpose, shine your light. As for lettuce, you wouldn't make a good Easter bunny. Wait a minute, chocolate! That's your calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful with that lettuce, I hadn't heard of anyone having problems with lettuce. So you are becoming a pack leader, as you help your momma. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madame Styx is just great work Elena, and I 'm sure it will make it to print, it's intelligent and creative humor. As far as lettuce is concerned, word from a doctor, just avoid eating it if u can help it and if u have to eat it then make sure u have cleaned and dried it in Potassium Permangnate water, and also do a de-worming course.

    Take care of yourself, your mama and madame styx :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!