I have a new BFF or rather a BFFW
Best Friend for Few Weeks
She's my physical therapy driver
And I'm thrilled when she comes to pick me up
I get to go out!
And I'm thrilled when she comes to pick me up
I get to go out!
Three times a week I get to be with people
And I get to go through rounds of little exercises which I laugh at
until I actually try
I have now conquered heel toe raises, side steps and monster walks
But walking while turning my head feels like I've had a few beers
And then come the eyeball exercises
Which, although painful, are really making a difference
For a couple days after those my eye and face swell
Who the heck knew eyeballs need exercise?!
The body is so darned amazing
Truly
But all in all I am well
Well enough that anyone around me is subjected to my non stop jabbering
I apparently missed talking
About nothing and anything
I apologize, say I'll be quiet, zip my lips
and start all over again
Like this picture
It makes me laugh
Something about it reminds me of the old black and white pictures
Where the man and lady are stiffly sitting side by side...
well maybe we shouldn't have smiled
but it's hard because I find so much that is funny
Like my sister and I walk into a little shop
and the clerk asks if she can help us
I smile and say 'nope, just googling'
My sister died...not just because of the googling
but also because I was going to say oogling for some reason
My head and mouth connections are a bit rusty
Which is funny
Alot is funny
Like this picture
It makes me laugh
Something about it reminds me of the old black and white pictures
Where the man and lady are stiffly sitting side by side...
well maybe we shouldn't have smiled
but it's hard because I find so much that is funny
Like my sister and I walk into a little shop
and the clerk asks if she can help us
I smile and say 'nope, just googling'
My sister died...not just because of the googling
but also because I was going to say oogling for some reason
My head and mouth connections are a bit rusty
Which is funny
Alot is funny
Ok see, didn't I say I just ramble?
LOL
~ ~ ~
LOL
~ ~ ~
Ok enough about me
I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas
I'm sending you all big squishy hugs
Enjoy the time with family or friends
Here's the card I made this year - I can only handle simple right now
Zipping my lips (fingers) now
Shhhhhh
Shhhhhh


Merry Christmas, Elena! You're looking good, girl! Wishing you much success and progress in rehab!
ReplyDeleteoh I just adore you Elena
ReplyDeleteso proud of your recovery...good work gal
you look happy in the photo
what else could one ask for
MERRY CHRISTMAS
word jazz afflicts you now. Glad you are up and about. Hello from Oregon!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are getting out and getting moving, Sweetie! That's awesome! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas together! Mao many gifts to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteYou are just being marvelous as usual. Wishing you and yours the very best of Christmas Cheer!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing you back in this space. Love your rambling. Love that you're feeling better. Love you!
ReplyDeletethere is nothing better than a BFF :)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing wonderfully! Love you and love your Christmas card! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteHappy holidays sweet one. Love Karen
ReplyDelete