"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Swallowed a golfball

I'm having a hard time
you'd think it was my still-glue-encrusted skull
but that's still asleep and thankfully painless
I'm losing a lot of hair and the kid looks at me with slight panic asking
"It is going to grow back right?"
and he didn't want me at parent teacher conference

But here's the thing
(warning major whine coming up)
I'm dealing with the side effects of who knows what
I developed LPR reflux which is basically acid swelling my throat
So it feels like I have a golf ball stuck in my throat
And food won't pass
Which is quite amusing because the brain doc says eat lots
of fruits, veggies, protein...especially two oranges a day
The throat doc says no milk, no citrus, no meat, no sweets, 
and pretty much anything else except water

So what happens is I can't eat anything but beans or soup
And I'm feeling weak
Which makes me emotional
So when the hubby starts getting cranky that I won't eat
I get angry. Which doesn't help my golfball. Which makes me angrier.
And I'm going through hotflashes since no more hormone patch
Which makes me a delight

But the thing is, right this minute while my throat isn't painful, it's funny
Funny because I wish I hadn't done the aneurysm surgery
Funny because docs are so fast to fill you up with pills
Funny because said pills don't work
Funny because I'm delirious
I want to give up
but I can't because I've come this far
(ok dramatic whine over)

I recognize everything I'm frustrated with
So now I have to ask self what I'm going to do about it
~ ~ ~
I've been thinking about that previous post
and I've decided that I don't have a specific purpose
I think living my life with an open heart is my purpose
to learn, grow, whine, keep walking...
 I looked at my family and have seen how their lives 
have created ripples that affect the lives of those they've met
How in the face of every adversity we remain loving and strong
Our lives affect other lives
I need to start living my life again since
We intermingle, grow, recede, grow again
And we eventually leave here much wiser

Preferably with hair and without a golfball in the throat

3 comments:

  1. It must be so difficult at times for you Elena, however it is how you deal with it and you are absolutely great at taking the positive out of things, you even make your "whines" positive because you are showing your human side but then balance it off with your spiritual strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the side effects so difficult. I sometimes yell at God, He can take it. And then I feel Him close by loving me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what it was, when you mention your throat. What a thing to happen! But I'm sure it will all of a sudden be better...and gone. Your hair will come back beautifully too, and for now you look beautiful in your head scarves. Not everyone can wear them and look good - you do.....beautiful You, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!