Sorry for the whinies lately
Is that a word? Well it defines what I've been doing
I called the doc who said I have LPR reflux
and said how do I reduce the swelling in my throat
nurse says you can't
I say med doesn't seem to make a difference
nurse says take two
I say what are the side effects
nurse says I'm not sure
I get the impression we're all in the same monkey cage
scratching our butts
So I started gargling with salt and drank some Gingerale
which for some reason took swelling down
Does Gingerale even have real Ginger?
LOL
I asked my primary doctor for help
He wants me to swallow barium
I've been CAT scanned so much these past months
I'm afraid I can now glow in the dark
So I'm taking my chances and hiding from them
Unless of course my throat closes and I can't breathe
Then I'll be crawling back
I ask if I can take natural stuff and they say no
I ask if I can do things to prevent and they say
we'll run tests and give you meds
I've decided I need my Grandma
She'd whip up a concoction of plants and fix me
But she's in heaven so I'm waiting for her to send me the person I need
~ ~ ~
I think I've found a church
It's not the old dark Romanesque style I want but it's homey
And we went to Mass Sunday and it's obvious I've been away too long
The responses have changed but the feeling was nice
Not a full squeeze hug type feeling but a nice pat on the back
There was a baptism during Mass for a little one named Amelia
I thought how fitting to return to Church on that day
Baptism, renewal, welcoming
I'm not 100% yet but I'm getting there
I've passed the cognitive part of my driving test
I'm going through physical therapy to strengthen muscles
Even my eye muscles! How funny!
They finally took glue (and hair) off my head and it's nice and airy now
The throat will heal...along with the weird allergies
just as soon as I purge all the meds from my system
And I will try to stop whining!
But through it all I try to hold tight onto trust
I will be fine
oh my Elena......one good thing....you sound so good, happy actually
ReplyDeleteand that is a good thing
maybe this is a lesson in patience and waiting and trusting
or maybe I should shut my mouth
Maybe this year we can get together...
finally......
Sounds like things are slowly improving, all things considered. Onwards and upwards!
ReplyDeleteAll of these healing details are so much, Sweetie! Of course you have to vent a little. But I totally agree with you, you will be fine. I know this because you have already come so far. Keep listening to your gut. You really do know what you need most.
ReplyDeleteSending love!!!
What an amazing voyage of self discovery you are on Elena, not a journey that anyone would necessarily choose. You are there though and sharing it with us all. You say whiny, I say courageous in finding the strength to share espescially as meanigfully as you do.
ReplyDeleteNice to here the progress you're making, I'm sure it feels slow, but look how far you've come in such short time! Happy you felt welcomed back at church, I always feel such peace there. More strength and prayers for more healing coming!
ReplyDelete