"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Taking up space

There are bad days...days when I wonder why I'm still here
Days I wonder if I am taking up space or here for a reason...a purpose
I've heard so many people say I don't know what my purpose is
Reacting to some inner twinge that says there is something more to do
And I understand the sadness that dances among their words
I want to say something, help them, point out the way
but I can't because I sit beside them
and it's up to each of us to discover our way

"Follow your passion" has always made me cringe
Followed by "Oh you'll just know what your passion is-that's your purpose"
Well what if my purpose is to passionately kick your butt...haha!
just kidding
I think
I do believe everyone has something they're good at
Something they enjoy to do but wouldn't really miss it if they didn't
But something you enjoy isn't always a passion
I imagine passion like a flame that burns deep in your soul
That builds, and using all your senses, bursts forth in an all-encompassing ball of energy
Spilling out in its own form of communication

I enjoy watching people with passion work
Some are driven by a need to be seen or heard
Some are driven by a need to make money but there is something lacking
Some are driven by a need to connect with their own voice
Some with a need to help those they love
Some are driven by a need to abuse
But then there are those who are driven by a deeper need
And it's those that I love to see
Those that make tears fall down my face

Some people have something deep inside that 
when they talk, sing, or write truly inspires you
in their presence it's as if their soul touches your soul
coaxes it out of hiding, lights a spark and soars
you feel what you're meant to feel
you feel love, hope, faith, strength, connection
you feel what they feel
you feel part of something bigger
you feel God's touch

One day in my next lifetime I will be one of those people
My soul will touch someone's soul and banish the fears
the loneliness, the doubts, the bad stuff
Well that can't happen but I can light a spark right?
I don't want my passion to be for money, accolades or fame
I just want my soul to soar
And in soaring remind other souls that they can soar too
well I can dream right
ha ha!
So I don't have a purpose but I can keep being aware
Watching and learning
One foot in front of the other
Keeping faith that God doesn't make mistakes
and I'm not just taking up space

I have no clue how to find your purpose
perhaps there is no purpose (I still doubt that)
but if I happen to find mine in this lifetime I'll share it
and I'll never ever tell you 'follow your passion'
and if I do
you can kick my butt

3 comments:

  1. God doesn't make mistakes, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody is "just taking up space." We each have a legitimate right to be here just by the simple fact of being born. Many of the world's evils stem from people who don't understand or respect that right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Elena. What if your great gift is so naturally a part of, is you that you don't realize you are already performing miracles just by being you? Please read your post again as if you were somebody else!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!