As mentioned in my previous post
I created some little cards with the intention of passing them around
Only to realize my 'around' is limited
So up popped the idea to ask for help
I was surprised to receive 20 offers...many from people I've never met
So the majority have been mailed to random parts of the U.S. & Canada
with pending ones to Spain, Singapore and Australia
I am so thankful to these people
The thing is I've been torn by the card concept
At a mental level I think they're goofy
When I'm in densely populated areas I get to see more ugliness
I get to hear about more ugliness and realize alot of people just
really suck
which leads to me thinking what a stupid idea
But it's when I ignore the 'all about me' attitudes and look beyond
that I find where love resides
there is where strangers help strangers
where people take time to really care or listen
and it's cool to see others helping others
I'm not one of those people...I now prefer to stay at arm's length
But I love to see that there are still genuine people
I don't like the feeling of handing my cards to people
My connection in this is hands off
But I have to admit that I have been intrigued by them
By the little stories that people have shared with me
as a result of passing out a card
It's a piece of paper with pixels
And yet...it's not
Oohh! Verging on the profound!
ReplyDeleteHope we get to hear some of those "little stories". I'm sneaking mine in places here and there; keeping a list so I remember.
ReplyDelete