A hard part of healing for me has been loss of control
I don't know what to expect or when
Things like the swelling and numbness may take up to a year
And can I just say that I'm too grossed out by how my head feels to touch it
bleh
And can I just say that I'm too grossed out by how my head feels to touch it
bleh
The glue on my head just won't go away
So I've decided the best solution is to hire a monkey
who can sit on my shoulders to pick the darn stuff off
Which by the way comes off in small pieces with sections of my hair
Which is oddly (grossly) fascinating
My memory is improving but I still get a bit dizzy when walking
(nowhere near mandated 5 miles heehee)
I used to worry that I would never ride again
but figured I'll just wait until I can drive again to see how I do on wheels
But the curious thing is I was unable to create
for a second I felt panicky
knowing that I can't look down for long to read or do puzzles
I hoped I could distract myself by creating
Madame Styx was gone...she was sucked in by the quagmire
I tried painting...tried
and I would have frowned or cried if I could
part of me looked at my efforts and thought
eeeew
I can only go so far before I hit a brick wall
I can almost feel the block...a sense of almost breaking through
if I could only force it a bit more...
But then I know what happens if you force creativity...ya don't
Then a curious quiet side appears and says
I can almost feel the block...a sense of almost breaking through
if I could only force it a bit more...
But then I know what happens if you force creativity...ya don't
Then a curious quiet side appears and says
'good start - we build from here'
and I set it aside to rest
and I set it aside to rest
The thing is I know I went through a rough surgery
My brain and body are taking their time to heal
And in the silence of this transition
I am finding an odd sense of comfort
(note...this is ONLY when my ego is not around)
When I feel the panic of 'oh crap I won't be....' I tell myself
Look around at the people and things you get to experience
You finally see what LOVE really is about
When I say 'oh damn I suck at...' I tell myself
just feel the paint on your fingers,
or close your eyes and listen to the music
or the birds singing or feel the wind on your face
When my mind won't cooperate I just tell myself
'all in due time'
as I make my way to take a rest
as I make my way to take a rest
And I then discovered that Madame Styx wasn't really gone
she was just holding tight to keep out of fear's way
And she came back telling me to be a big girl
And pull up my big pants ala John Wayne
We've had a good start - we build from here
We've had a good start - we build from here






Your words, your art, your spirit... all amazing. You are amazing.
ReplyDeleteI can hear Madame Styx saying "Baby steps, Elena . . . baby steps for now!"
ReplyDeleteYou amazing Elena, such fortitude. I was just remembering not long after we first spoke when you started dancing and painting at the same time, such an expression of freedom of spirit, something which has never deserted you even in those difficult times.
ReplyDeleteAll in good time. And this moment is good.
ReplyDeleteGlad to know Madame was keeping it all waiting for you.
Sending big waves of love to you, Dear Heart !
I've had some hard times creating as of late without the obstacles you face. Wind in the mane has a wonderful flow to follow.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing fine...pretty nifty big girl panties!
ReplyDeleteoh sweetie....you amaze me !!!
ReplyDeletexo