My sister calls me last night and says
"That's enough!
You can't have a small surgery. No! You need brain surgery.
Now you can't have a small storm. No! You need a tornado."
~
Our town was hit by the tornado yesterday
but luckily nobody was killed and we were three miles away
I am beyond grateful
What I am awed by though is the outpouring of support
Love
And right on the tail of my own little world
where I was overcome by the outpouring of love
by family and friends
I've learned an important lesson
Some people have been sending multiple cards and gifts
things like music, or angels, or head scarves for my scar
even puzzle books to strengthen my brain and a heart shaped rock from the sea
Big expressions of love that reached me when most needed
I've learned what true connection is all about
I've learned that a quick 'hey' on FB is not a connection
I've learned that to live in the world you must be in the world
That the glory-seekers may be in the forefront
but will never outshine the love spread by the genuine souls
I've learned that the world is so much more beautiful when you let that light in
I am forever grateful
Sweet words about you being nurtured and cared for. Yikes, major surgery and a tornado, if you put that in a novel people would think it was too far fetched. Sending you healing hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're okay!
ReplyDeleteYou have brought all this loving to you by being the open heart that you are!
ReplyDeleteKeep on healing well, lovely One!
ahhhh! such sweet words Elena
ReplyDeleteBeautiful....and remember you are always there for us when we need some encouragement... or a good kick into reality!
ReplyDeleteWonderful post, reminding us all to be grateful.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the tornado missed you too!
ReplyDelete