"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, July 12, 2010

Connections or hitting the jackpot

Connection: To be joined; a union; a relationship, association between things, coherence; affinity as by family ties, business or common interest.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We came across a reality show called Estate of Panic where the contestants face fears as they compete to find the most money while avoiding fearful situations and racing not to be the one left behind. I watched a group of people search for money in an overgrown garden. They were barefoot, wet, cold and the garden was crisscrossed with electrical wires which delivered quite a shock once touched. I watched one girl pick the dollar bills that sat atop bushes, another made her way towards a fountain in the center (which contained the most money) only to run back to the garden's perimeter when she stepped in mud. One guy stopped, looked around and realizing that the wires were more heavily surrounding the fountain figured it must hold something valuable. Another watched and followed suit. They grabbed the dollar bills strewn across the muddy surface and then started digging under the moss and mud where they found the big money.

And since it seems I can't watch anything without my rusty brain wheels turning, I started thinking about connections. For many years my sense of connection was as shallow as picking the obvious dollar bills off the top of bushes. I figured, what I see is what I get. I'm connected to my parents and siblings by luck of the draw. I wasn't sure how to relate with a husband or son. Friends are acquaintances that come and go. Work is temporary business relationships with a bunch of strangers. We all live in a world where we are "superior" to nature. And being alone is not a good thing.

So is it any wonder that the cosmos would provide me with an important lesson? Moving out to the boonies separated me from all connections. I learned about blogs and friendships. It left me alone with a husband and son. Since they were gone most of the day, it left me alone with nature and my dog. And I quickly learned that "silly me" we are not superior to nature. And that like that big money under the mud, there's alot that we cannot see on the surface. You have to stop, analyze, and be willing to work for it. And that when things get messy, you can't run and hide because you might be really close to the prize. But when faced with fears or the race to get there (point B) first it's easy to fall back to my shallow way of thinking and just grab at the superficial 'dollars on the bushes'.

Like the guy who studied the wire pattern and followed his intuition only to hit the jackpot, I forget that there is guidance all around us. If we listen. And don't take it for granted or dismiss it as weird mojo. Last week at 1 a.m. I was pacing the house and feeling like something wasn't quite right. Finally sitting on the couch I started crying and prayed my mom was ok. I had to fight the urge to call her and finally went to sleep. In the morning I received a call that she was in the hospital with stomach pains that started at 1 a.m.. She's great now but I should have called.

And if I'm being especially resistant to 'messages' I start seeing the numbers (mentioned in old post here). This time it was 1010 and after giving in to look up the message I read "....let go and let God...this elevated vibration attracts all good things to your life...". Oh yeah, I forgot.

Even if you aren't aware of the connections you can't see, there may be those around you who do. It's about awareness after all and not wasting your time on the small dollars meant to distract you for your real prize.

8 comments:

  1. Wow lady you do have some connections... glad to hear mom's doing well. thanks for sharing that.. what great wisdom flowing out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Mom is well also. I had a dream about my Dad when he had his accident at the hour of it also. It was not a frightening dream but terrified me awake, I prayed for my father only to learn that the people in my dream had stopped roadside to help and call for an ambulance. The angels were there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad mom is ok! And you have learned a LOT and learned it FAST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff here! All makes sense. I love messages and deeper meaning. Messages are so valuable. I often have to remind myself to slow down in life or all the messages will be blown by.

    Oh and I went to your NuMbErS post. Very interesting. Where are you finding the meanings? My second born has been seeing 4:44 on clocks for well over a year. It creeped him out at first, now he's quite fascinated. He always points it out when it happens so I know that it happens very often. He's drawn to look at that time perhaps by habit now? Internal clock? or there's a message for him we don't know how to interpret. Any idea what 4:44 represents and how do I look these things up on my own?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm glad your mom is okay....and i learn everyday...again and again....to trust my gut, which i think is somehow one of the hardest things we ever do.

    and those connections....oh, yeah....THEY are EVERYWHERE !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you mom is doing well. I get signs all the time. When my left ear would ring, it was my son Val calling and when the right one rang, it was David. Is that not weird? But it's true. I can sense when things arent right as well. Trust your senses. Have a great week Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you tell your mom about your experience? Had she been thinking about you? Glad she's okay. Love the deep connection the two of you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and speaking of connections......i'm SO very glad that somehow in this vast void of cyber-space, we've connected!! you are so much wiser than you know.....thank you for sharing these bits of ponder with us!! xox, :))
    ps. glad to hear that your mom is okay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!