"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Around around I go

My condo was at the corner of an open intersection so I had a birds eye view of the sky. During a storm I watched as black clouds moved swiftly across the sky. Looking across the room I saw black clouds moving swiftly in the opposite direction. Intrigued,  and a bit frightened, I ran onto the deck to see what would happen. The two cloud masses crashed into each other as they fought to continue their intended paths. Instead they each held their ground and resulted in a swirling mass similar to watching bubbles dance their way down a tub drain.

I was on the deck, beneath this growing swirling vortex, watching as it grew and darkened and made funny tinglies on my arms. Sensing the danger but too intrigued to move. I watched as little fingers started forming on the edges and reached towards the ground but breaking up from the force of the larger mass. And there it spun gathering in size until suddenly they gave up the fight and the two masses continued their journey.

Ever notice how hard it is to continue the journey if you're stuck in spin mode? Like my friend Suz said "no one ever goes forward who goes in a circle". And yep, my path is more like a maze of dead ends and u-turns than a smooth road. But I think that's necessary for my growth. Confronted with uncomfortable situations I'll run around the issue in avoidance and pretend to go my merry way. But inevitably, life presents the situation again. It occurs to me now that until I deal with unpleasantries (is that a word), I'll keep swirling and darkening my path. Ah, awareness is the first step.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I had a dream last night of smelling smoke in the basement of my first home. Walking down the stairs I saw fire coming out of the electrical outlets. I smothered it with a tarp and as soon as I walked away the fire would reappear at another electrical outlet. Looking around at all the outlets reminiscent of candles on a cake, I decided to call 911. As I waited I calmly smothered each one with my tarp.

I was curious and tried looking up dream symbolism and here's what I found: "To dream that a house is on fire indicates that you need to undergo some transformation....to dream that you put out a fire signifies that you will overcome your obstacles in your life through much work and effort...." 

So perhaps my swirlies are coming close to dissipating so I may continue along my path. If not, I'll hold on and enjoy the ride.




3 comments:

  1. oh my :) !!!!

    and oh it is so true
    awareness is the key
    and acknowledgement

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great journey! Amazing when you look back a year or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all have been in spin mode....let's just hope we are not on a destructive path! LOL!!!
    I have had so many little annoying things to do that the thing I most enjoy in life have been put on hold.
    Waiting, waiting......I know I should be patient, but it is hard. Especially with as long as some of this yuck has been going on.
    Did you really see a tornado form??? (from the weather geek in me!!!)

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!