But, I finally found something I cannot apply this little tool to. My personal quest. My personal quest does not do well in the confines of the 5 Ws. Turns out you need a desired result: the point B. As my eyes open to greet the day, the temporary peacefulness is disturbed as my brain struggles to think in the manner it's been accustomed to. Who, What, When, Where, Why, How? Who, What, When, Where, Why, How? Who, What, When, Where, Why, How? Sizzle, sizzle........
So it hasn't been easy. Trying to deprogram a 42, going on 43, year old brain. It doesn't know any other way. So when I respond with "just be and live in the moment" I swear I can hear "does not compute". So for one moment I'll play along with my brain:
Who am I? What am I supposed to be doing? What will happen if...? I'll do "it" When I have more time, experience, money, courage, knowledge? Where will I end up? Why do I need to know? How will I know if I'm on the right path?
And doing so makes it clear that there's a reason the 5Ws can't be applied to my quest. My quest is not a point A to B. It's not meant to have the details all laid out with detours already planned if the need arises. Doing so sets up blinders and I may miss the important things along the way.
Besides I don't know my deadline. My point B may be tomorrow.
I may not wake up...then...who, what, when, where, why, how?
I bet the African Bushmen and Tibetan Monks
don't think in terms of the 5ws
It may be time to rethink the empire's rules

Funny that you bring this topic up as of chatting with the spouse about what's in the future, being he's in the trades and all they have their way of seeing things...the back bone of america..along with many other jobs that go unseen. What I wanted to share is the men and women go to work now with the same questions...with the unpredictable furture of so much a lot of people are questioning their purpose.. Are we put there to stuggle and be an anxiety ridden or is there more? what is that more? how do you get that feeling fullfilled and the knowning that it will be alright and your where you should be safe in your mothers arms... there we go I question am I looking for the secure feelings that I'm going to be well care for? Oh Elena you have some good topics...I feel for you with these questions all good one but if not watched out one can be chasing their stub of a tail on this...
ReplyDeleteHee hee Laura! Welcome to my world! You go in circles, faster and faster until you can't get off the ride or hope to be thrown off.
ReplyDeletehow about
ReplyDeletewho I am is just fine, for now, really...
what makes my heart and gut feel good is right
when is right NOW
where is in this place, in this moment, in this body
and why ?
Why ?
Because this is my one sweet precious life and I don't want to waste it with those big ugly questions that get me nowhere. I want to accept where I am and LIVE it today.
Now them be some rules I would sure like to live by...
Big Love and hugs to you, Questioning One. ;)
Wow! I like Kim!
ReplyDeleteMe too!! I think Kim has the right idea!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Elena, I have the same problem right now. We are having a few weeks where Daniel is home and we are both free to do what we want all day long. You have no idea what huge problems I have with that much unstructured time and all the options for filling it. Just making a decision of what to do first exhausts me. It's ridiculous, but there it is! No deadline, no appointments, total freedom and I feel lost. Let me know how you do!! Love, Silke
ReplyDeleteWhy so much pressure? I fear the passing years and never attaining the goals I've always had. The detours are robbing my time. But I am human, and I am stronger than most can imagine. The 5W's can work for a theme, story, or series. They are part of you?
ReplyDelete