"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Yeah...Pure PRIDE!

Bear with me for a moment
As I swell with pride; I know pride isn't such a good thing
But I can't help it - this is pure mom pride

My only baby boy graduated 8th grade Friday
As I watched him walk up for his diploma I couldn't help but remember
his first day of kindergarten
how I dressed him in a bright orange shirt
so I could see him across the lot as I hid behind my steering wheel
or the many days I left him at daycare as I cried on my way to work
or being told that he might be born with major problems
and given a weekend to choose to abort him
Had I listened to the docs, he wouldn't be on that stage...
My baby and my Mama
And yet there he was
Strolling head high
My baby boy with the quick wit, fiery temper and kind heart
The one who rarely smiles but when he does...oh wow
The funny talented kid who already developed a website to sell handmade lures
Who knows how to manage money and befriends everyone
and tells me 'you watch Ma, I'm going to have my own business'

And then my heart beamed with pride
as I heard his name called that he and a few others had received the 
President's Education Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence
and an award for High Honors 
which he maintained from 6th through 8th grade 

Afterwards we went out to eat - a quickie celebration
My ex hubs, his wife and child with a baby girl on the way
My ex mom in law and ex sis in law 
My new hubs, my Mama and sisters
Just a few of this crazy family unit
All of us joined to make sure this baby boy
becomes the man we know he can be
Me, my baby and his dad
Me, my baby and his step dad


11 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you all on a job well done!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good looking kid with impressive accomplishments -- of course everyone is proud! You should be! Congrats to the graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Elena, well done to him and of course to his family for allowing him the freedom to grow..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice : ) You all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Elena he is adorable (as are you)
    congrats to him.....
    and we moms.....all these things we ponder in our hearts
    rejoice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats ! You all look beautiful! Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a handsome boy! You are doing a good job of raising him, you and the rest of your family can be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Elena! What a beautiful thing to see your little one to grow up. He is a handsome boy. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to be proud of in your beautiful son!! Congratulations! He is soooooo like you!! And he has such a sexy mama! I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think he has your smile, among other things! And who said parental pride isn't a good thing? Swell on, Mama, you done did good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful pictures of your son and all who love him. Oh my gosh - 14! I can't believe it. He's such a handsome young man, Elena...but, of course he is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!