"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, May 21, 2012

"Proceed to Next Window Please"

Last post I said
It's funny what the Universe brings your way when you
Ask, Believe..get out of the way
 
The other thing I've learned is to be open to the responses
It's not as if God, the Great Spirit, whatever you want to call Him
can respond back via intercom and say 
'ok got your order, proceed to window #1 please'
You have to be aware of what 'suddenly' presents itself

It may be an illness, a note in a book, an argument, a stranger's comment
a rock with inscribed note left in the crook of a tree
a website that suddenly pops up but catches your eye

And so it was when I presented some questions to the Universe
Am I wrong not to focus on just one thing?
Is there really a difference between women who have worked 'professionally' vs 'creatively'?
Are people worth the time and effort?
How will I get from 0 to 500 miles for the pilgrimage?
And "God, I know there's more..."
 
After 'accidentally finding' a women's weekend retreat, I registered
This past weekend I packed the motorcycle and rode out to meet the strangers
Confronted my fear and got back on a horse
I learned about fishing and backpacking
I played with all kinds of power tools and made a birdhouse
Sat outside at night listening to Jazz and around the campfire
And met and bonded with an amazing group of strong women
Diverse not in nationality but in what they do
Paramedics, nurse practitioners, computer techs, directors, military, teachers...
who also do farming, hunting, ride the rapids, hike the Appalachian Trail...
Who all share a thirst for knowing, learning, and doing more
I was in seventh heaven

I left with promises to return next year
Exchanged emails and phone numbers to keep in touch for upcoming events
And a date for a hike with someone who also wants to go from 0 to...
 
When you ask...you're given
But you need to be open to the receiving
It may not be pretty or it may be subtle
You need to know when it's time to let go in order to move on
But you need to make a move (free will, remember?)
And know that it's all part of the learning we're here to do
~ ~ ~
This morning I 'accidentally' found this old post about Letting Go
Smiled and thanked the Universe for the reminder
~
Buen Camino


9 comments:

  1. "You need to make a move", good advice to us all. That retreat sounds like it energized you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stirrups are not sidekicks and the reins are not handlebars. Giddy up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a super weekend! There's nothing like the energy of a group of kick-ass women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you had a fun time at camp
    it's not the miles but the thoughts...how wonderful you bonded with these women

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post.
    Brava, Fellow Traveller. Happy Trails !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping for that now Elena. That by sending my desires the universe will listen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elena, thank you for your words. You have been an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful time. it can be fun with a group of like minded people, can't it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a really great weekend! I'm hoping to go next year! This year I opted to go to an all day seminar with Gregg Braden instead! It was well worth it!! Glad you bonded and had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!