"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Crabby Happy Pants

Just so I know I'm not crazy
I feel crazy
It's about 14 days or so and I feel best at nights

I remember going into surgery perfectly
I was afraid for a split second wondering...what if
 Then I felt the headache as they tried waking me and knew I was back
From the looks on my families faces I realized The Doc had told them
that if my aneurysm had popped I would have died
 Atleast they didn't have to worry

But I didn't count on the looooooong time it's taking to heal
Yeah yeah I hear ya...14 days is well only...14 days
But it feels like a gazillion years
heehee

The thing is I'm near humiliated
I need a walker to walk until my eye opens up again
My family has to bathe me
as in 'don't wet cut too directly'
There's a gash w/ something that feels like cold candle wax
from one side of my head to the middle
But mostly I'm kinda confused by all the ailments
It's like my body is freaking out

But today I felt horrible
My two sisters are taking care of me right now; all day and night
They were making soup and I started getting sick on the smell of the meat
She had to go finish cooking outside. OUTSIDE! Poor thing!
I was humbled by their love.
I kept apologizing.
They keep reminding me the doc says by this time next year
I'll be good as new

UGH!
Lol but I do have to admit
my hubby gave me a sudafed by accident
and I was hallucinating for a few days
atleast I know dreams behind the lids stay there when you open them
but I did spend a whole weeknight attending a Lithuanian dream
I unfortunately didn't understand
It seemed like lots of fun and full of historical value

Sorry my eyeball is too tired to go back to read
You don't even have to read
I'm feeling crabby at the daytime self of me
But happy at night
So all is still good I suppose
:) 

7 comments:

  1. "I was humbled by their love", now those are good sisters. You are recovering and the road is a bit confused in these early days, but the direction is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Lithuanians are good companions on the road to recovery. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, even with a walker! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you and you family and I wish you a speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this recovery is worth it
    So happy you have such a loving family to support you
    take it slow and steady
    Lithuanian?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go slow to go fast, Beautiful. And no more apologies ! You are working so hard. The extra help from those who love you is such a good thing.
    Aš tave myliu
    ("i love you" in Lithuanian) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just happy that you are alive to BE crabby and grumpy! Trust your doc....and be patient with yourself. You are very lucky to be surrounded by so many who care so much! But tell Jake to put his glasses on next time he's despensing meds!!!! Then again.......it's a nice cheap way to travel the world, yes???

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may the feel the way you do becauese of your op, but the post was all you......:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!