When I was very young there was a huge thunderstorm
the walls creaked with the pressure of the wind
the leaves madly slapped against our second story window
and the lights went out after a huge bolt of lighting
Terrified I ran after the dog who had just scuttled under the bed
I started to squeeze under there too when my Mama said
'oh no you don't, I need help'
She gave me a large lit Virgen Mary pillar candle
Grabbed something that looked like a cross between flowers or feather duster
And started walking around the house praying
Stopping long enough to tell me her mom would do this with dry grasses
but we didn't have dry grasses so this would do
and to please keep up, hold the candle still & stop being a chicken
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry
But it was comical...now
~ ~ ~
So I was thinking a bit about the other side of healing this time
Strange crap
Like I couldn't breathe after taking pain pills
So my hubby takes me to the local ER and they want to do lung tests
He says no, plops me back in wheelchair and brings me home
And I'm like...I can't breathe!
Teehee...turns out it was the pain pill so no more of those
Then the fridge dies
And all my caretakers are running around trying to keep things cold for me
My hubby gets one delivered the next day and we're all smiles again
Then it starts to get cold outside so I agree to let them turn on the heat
(I've been keeping everyone in the cold)
And it dies
The repairman comes and can't find the problem so schedules to be back
in 11 days
But the most annoying of all is strange allergies
If I catch a whiff of anyone cooking meat I immediately get congested
and can't breathe and no way can I sneeze
(for fear of my brain falling out of hole of course)
Milk is doing it in the mornings too
And all those vitamins are fighting with my belly
And the skin under all the glue on my head is waking up & feels like creepy crawlies
Then the fear sets in again
which is really becoming annoying
I mean mega fear as in now I'll get cancer and shingles and my skin will always
feel like it doesn't belong on my face or head and how much illness there is...
and I catch my breath and muster enough energy to chastise myself
(remember can't slap self for fear of brain falling out)
So I beg hubby to take me with him to bank
Anything to get out of house
My walker and I shuffle to car in spongebob flannel pants
I try looking out window but eye can't quite look up
So I lean back and marvel and the changing colors
When did it become October?
I come home with a new attitude
Yes, there's bad mojo going on
But we did find a fridge fast and the one that was dying,
well the freezer held out long enough to keep things cool
And my hubby ended up fixing the heater so we're warm
And I tried a tiny bit of cheese for lunch and no death sentence
Vitamins still don't like me but they're healing my skull
It's hard to find the good stuff when I feel like a gargoyle
layed a huge egg on my head
But there is good stuff...I know there is
But just in case
maybe I should tell my Mama to bring the duster and candle
and we can pray and pray for the dark cloud to go away
because my family is threatening to sit me n the cloud in front of the neighbor's house
ha ha you crack me up
ReplyDeleteyou are still Elena!
hang in there
Awwww.....it'll get better. Not overnight, but it will. Glad you got out of the house! I can't even imagine what a case of cabin fever you must have! Yes, fall does arrive suddenly. Twenty four years ago i was in the hospital for 10 days, having Ethan. The day I left, I was shocked at how fall had arrived while I was in there! It was freaky. Try to look on the bright side.....you have a good excuse for laying around, not doing much while people take care of you! One of these days you'll be back to normal. Ordinary days. Sometimes ordinary days are the most precious ones!
ReplyDeleteOh, be gentle with yourself, Amazing One. Those fears creeping in make such sense. Do you know how strong you are that you see that they are something that needs to be smudged already ? You haven't let them overtake you !
ReplyDeleteKeep on grasping for those amazing tools - your humor, the beauty around you, the good peeps caring for you, and your attitude of gratitude. You are getting there, one baby step at a time. And every baby step counts...
Love light and smudge magic to you !
What a great tale said with such a wonderful sense of humor. Fear is such an insidious eneny, inserting itself when we feel weak. But when we feel that great love the shadow of fear just disappears. AND you are surrounded by love, you are not alone.
ReplyDeleteOh! I love your Mama's treatment of things. And...gosh yes, you are progressing wonderfully. Keep talking to us. We're here to listen to your every step. I love your ride to the bank with your hubby and how you looked around and saw the season. Did you good, yes! It's okay to take it slow, Elena.....
ReplyDeleteWish I would have read earlier.
ReplyDeleteCooking meat off-gasses some nasty stuff. Your nose is healing & sensitive and notices these things. Don't look up what meat cooking off-gasses! No need to worry your pretty little head. Dairy causes excess mucous. That's why some people call it bovine slime. It produces your mucous membranes to kick into high gear. Since your sinuses are healing, it's probably causing stuffy symptoms. Cheese is not as bad as milk & ice cream at causing mucous. Perhaps avoid or go light on dairy until sinuses are better. I'm thinking these are not allergies, simply your sensitive healing sinuses reacting to environmental and food stuff. The "things breaking"? Well, that kind of activity is nothing new for your household! You said you wanted your angels to be present and you aren't noticing, so they're letting you know loud and clear. We're HERE! Look what we can do to let you know! And guess what? (angels still talking) We're also proving you're being watched over because regardless of the sign we send, you are witnessing that you are taken care of (fridge replaced, furnace is no problem.
As far as the fear? Your angels are trying to tell you they're watching, just not filling your healing head, so stop the worry and fear. Let MS handle that stuff! Imagine her up there kicking fear butt!!!
Hugs and love and ooey gooey.