"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Feeling the gratitude if it kills me...

I am holding on tight to gratitude
like lint on velvet (haha don't know where that came from)
But I like gratitude more than fear
Fear has a tendency to lurk through my chest until it envelopes & squeezes tight

And yet, fear is a part of me 
A part that is meant to show something? Teach something?
I'm not sure, I haven't tread that way yet
What it has done is awakened the stronger part of me
The part that says 'no! don't give in!'

So I'm doing goofy little things to keep me up
Like my hubby taking me on those rides
And (yes I'm about to admit it) I'm watching cartoons
Scooby Doo, Garfield, Caspar, anything that makes me laugh
I'm doing word search puzzles which are helping with comprehension
Reading very little and listening to zen tunes
And slowly pulling crumbling glue off teeny sections of my hair
I look like a monkey - truly
 
But that gratitude thing...it's big
I've received so many prayers, cards, little perfect gifts, wishes
Madame Styx has received cards from strangers 
which delights me more than Christmas as a kid
Emails and even a perfect scarf for my head (thanks Lynn!)
Yeah I'm simple but I don't care admitting it anymore
 
And then my family
I have never felt their love more than now
 
Today I woke up and remembered that when I picked my word for the year
alchemy
I knew something big was coming
Something that would incorporate previous years' words
trust, love, passion
And it has
I wish it didn't have to be so icky (heehee)
but that's the Universe knocking me on my butt to get my attention
 
Thanks for all your kind and uplifting words
Sorry I've been so whiny and write so many disconnected thoughts
my brain is slowly waking 
and IT WILL NOT BE RUSHED

Huge hugs to you all
 

6 comments:

  1. No worries about whining and disconnections! Do what you need to do! As long as you continue to get better, that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your forced rest has given us all an opportunity to show you how much we love you and there ain't nuthin' you can do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you've blown my mind as I've been out of step with what's up in people's lives, but it is quite obvious you grow more beautiful each passing day! More positive thoughts and blessings headed to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, it has been a very long time since last I visited. I had no idea about all of the health stuff you have been going through. I'm so glad that your surgery went well and that you are so loved and cared for. I know a lot from personal experience about cultivating gratitude in the midst of mystery and fear. It is a delicate ever shifting balance, a healing dance. May you continue to feel held and nurtured as the days unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing and inspiring or inspired sharing? it all apllies to you Elena! :) Good ol Lynn too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!