Instead of profound thoughts
(hee hee ok profound in MY mind)
I figured I'd show you my latest creation
Well technically, it's 'tying up loose ends' type of creating
I found this table for $3 at a garage sale last summer
Filled holes, sanded, filled holes again
Painted it bright colors with the intention of adding large dots
For the sister who loves bright colors and dots
It was summer...her birthday was in December
easy peasy - right?
Yeah right...this is ME we're talking about
It went through five variations of colors
Hated each one and painted them over and over
December came and went
Until one late night I decided to add movie scenes
My sister LOVES tv...everything she quotes is from the movies
Then I started hating it again
And so it went...adding and subtracting
until I ended up with this right before my Mama fell in March
I started second guessing myself and planned to repaint the whole thing
Until my sister came over and loved it
Then I had to admit it was hers
I have a few things to tweak but it goes 'home' this weekend
It's been fun to watch the family's reactions when they come over
All huddled over the table saying 'remember this!'
A photo of the original movie, The Birds, starts a rendition of charades
Or someone shouting a quote
Within the black stripes on the table sides I have written movie quotes
Like "redrum", "yadda yadda", and all the others commonly heard around here
The red and white stripes reminiscent of the popcorn boxes my sis loves
And the dancing snack figures she has displayed in her home
Better late than never?
Well the way I see it
I'm early for the December 2011 birthday




A one-of-a-kind artwork! No wonder your sister loves it!
ReplyDeleteWow! Looks great!
ReplyDeleteAnd you have the nerve to doubt! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! The masterpiece finally gets its home. Looks great!!!!
ReplyDeleteNot late ! Just in time !
ReplyDeleteLucky Sister! The table is awesome.
Have a good week, Lovely One !
Elena...super!
ReplyDeleteand I love that rug it sits on!
love the vibrant colors
of both
This is a such a wonderful work of art, Elena, and that is the best gift! I have painted a ton of furniture in my life...it's my first love.
ReplyDeleteI was glad to hear from you...I haven't been the best blogger lately, but I do think of you :)
xoxo
well look at you little miss creative !!!
ReplyDeleteit's fantastic !!!
Hi Elena. Hope your mom is doing okay and adjusting to her new residence with you. I love your table. You did a great job. Have a wonderful week and take care.
ReplyDeletelayer upon layer -
ReplyDeletelook what you have created -
it's dazzling
So good seeing you have some fun and what fun you had..
ReplyDeleteElena! It's wonderful! I love it - such a great idea and you did a fabulous job. Lucky sister!
ReplyDelete