First I want to thank you all immensely for the prayers and good vibes
My Mama has moved in with me until she is back on her feet
As we sat on the bed looking out into the garden
Her voice cracked a bit as she said once again
That there was a reason this all happened with me in the forefront
That there was a reason this 'package' was dumped in my lap
(Referring to herself as 'the package')
I laughed and agreed; adding that it was the best package I'd received
Equivalent to a box full of paints, pencils, paper, candy and pop
And all those other goodies that make my heart skip a beat
I reminded her of the huge lessons I've learned
Instead of reading or paying for a class
I learned first hand the power of self-talk, of family, friendship
I had a rare glimpse at the other side, renewed a fascination with clergy
Faced Fear and Ego and am still standing (a bit wobbly but standing)
And yep, dare I say it....I experienced Love
The family has bonded firmly once again
Are coming on weekends to give me a helping hand
And although today marks the 39ish anniversary of my brother's death
I know it was only in the physical sense
Since I've always felt him nearby
~ ~ ~
Thanks again Ohm family...y'all rock
So glad to hear your mama is doing better. Thanks for sharing this time with us. I have learned a lot from it. Here's to experiencing love!
ReplyDeleteGreat news on all fronts.
ReplyDeleteWas thinking about you all morning so I was very glad to see this update and read your positive words. Hugs hugs and more hugs!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this post, Elena! You know, I've been thinking through all of this that your word for 2011 "Love" chose you very deliberately! You are love in action and it is a privilege to witness! Much love to you and your mama and the rest of your family! Silke
ReplyDeleteI have to second what Silke said~~~*Love* is so much more and deeper and broader than the tiny, narrow definition we give it.
ReplyDeleteYou have lived it, felt it, from the other side even, and have answers some of us never get.
You now know what LOVE is.... :-)
XXOO~~And much LOVE!
Anne
I love to hear this, Elena. You sound really at peace with the challenges you have all been given. You are inspiring, you know, Loving One.
ReplyDeleteSettle in cozy for some more healing.
Love to you !