Was passing by the tv when I heard the start of a quote in a movie
Something about it caught my attention
So I had to look up the rest
~ ~ ~
So I had to look up the rest
~ ~ ~
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson
from her book
A Return to Love:
Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"
~ ~ ~
Is it me or does this wrap up my latest journey perfectly
Literally, a return to Love...
and not being afraid to step into who I am
It's amazing what presents itself when you say
"I'm open to my power"
~ ~ ~
The last quote in that movie was
"You know that feeling where everything feels right
where you don't have to worry about tomorrow or yesterday
where you feel safe
and know you're doing the best you can
there's a word for that feeling
and it's called, Love
L-O-V-E..."
(from the movie "Akeela and the Bee")
~
Sometimes you hear something
at just the right place and just the right time
Very nice post Elena. Comforting. Glad to hear your mom is staying with you. You're a good daughter. We took a drive the other day and this motorcycle with a girl driving it passed us up. She looked calm and confident and had a small smile on her face as if she was thinking something nice. I thought of you driving your bike. Have a great week and my best to your mom.
ReplyDeleteClearly you were meant to hear both those quotations! They hold wisdom for you.
ReplyDeleteConfirmation from an unexpected 3rd party can have the feeling of a lttle miracle because something simple then takes on the mantle of the profound.
ReplyDeleteWonderful!! I love Marianne Williamson's quote and have carried it around with me for many years! And that movie was inspiring!! I am so glad you are finding inspiration everywhere... Love, Silke
ReplyDeleteone of my favorite quotes of all time. I love that the Universe gave it to you in this way.
ReplyDeleteLove and light, powerful one !
Hi Elena..beautiful post..and yes she is a wonderful writer..shine on..hugs!
ReplyDeleteVictoria
And that, my dear sis/cuz is .... SERENDIPITY!!
ReplyDeleteI am happy that happened. L-O-V-E
Hugs and love to you.