"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Road

My head was playing mind games with me this morning
Brushing up uncomfortable feelings from the dark recesses
Mocking, laughing, taunting
making me feel like I was standing naked in front of class
Until I thought I
can't take anymore and...
zap
it was quiet
and in its place The Stix (my stick lady) popped in
with these images
~ ~


You walk your path
things go well and it's sunshiny happiness
love and music in the air
And you're bound to find a little bump in the road

 You've had these before
You know how to handle them
But you fight and push and try to conquer
Dramatically you slip into victim mode
"I can't do this!" You wail

Forgetting that all it takes is a matter of perspective
The mere speck on the path is put there to learn from
to make the terrain interesting
to make you stronger
to make you dance, dodge, rest, grow
like a power pellet in a video game

~ ~ ~
And I laughed

Because the Censor's yapping in my brain made it overload
and I fell back upon the wisdom of my Stix

yeah I should probably be worried that my head
can only think in stick figures now
but I'm not

Life is too cool

7 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!
    LOVE the one where she's laying on her back on top of the bump.
    Great stuff. Love stick form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "heads-up"! Oh God! I love it. I'm having one of those days. very timely. Soon you will have a book of these. I can't wait for the book signing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life is cooler because you are in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen The Stix before. Love her! Very eloquent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it! Why doesn't she just go around! LOLOL! This was great! :) And so true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you truly have a gift, a powerful way with Words and Art. I'm so glad I came across you blog by way of Clare dreams, she to is a master of Words and Art.
    I have become a follower and am going back to read all your past postings.
    Thanks for sharing and making a difference in how I look at my day!!
    Debbie
    xoxo
    P.S. Please feel free to drop by my blog anytime.
    mybrowneyedgirldesigns,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, there's much to said for a birds-eye-view of things! (just as long as you don't get hit with the poop....)
    And yes, that's me flopped on top of that big bump in the road, at least for the present...

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!