"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Unromantic Date

I had a date today.
And remembered why I was willing to remarry.
I don't like romance.
I don't care for candlelight dinners or soft spoken mushiness
Or holding hands while staring deeply into each others' eyes
But this guy knows me more than I know myself. 

Knowing how much I love to see the rusty ironwork at the 'junk shop'
And the moss growing on the rotting timbers
He announced we were taking the truck for a ride
It was a few hours drive to Michigan and we talked about art, God, aliens, 2012, chocolate, 
my dad, his dad, unite the people, moto rides, life after death

We listened to the mariachis, reggae, disco, Motown, slow songs, rock, country
And we sang at the top of our lungs 
Me doing back up to his made up words of bringing home the bacon
as I roared in laughter to his accompanied pelvic thrusts while driving

He told me to always be me; the crazy wandering gypsy artistic spiritual hippie
I felt immense gratitude for such a wonderful partner
Who always has a way of awakening my soul; one who's never sad or doom & gloomin
Who sees everything as a challenge
And nothing without a solution

He inspires me to be me
crazy, uncoordinated, non-conforming Me
I found these fabric birds and jingling bells which now hang in the doorway to my studio
Coming out of another shop he asked what I got
I responded "A bracelet and dress to wear to the gallery reception showing my artwork"
As he hugged me tight and said 'that's my girl' I spoke into his armpit 
"I don't have one piece of art yet but I will and now I have something to wear"
Now how's that for confidence
Hee hee

Oh and y'all inspired me to get my boots back
especially since I'll need them for the dress
Besides, they were a gift from the Universe
Whenever I found loose change I put it into a piggy bank in my studio
I was at my son's football game and upon buying a raffle ticket
said I would be winning the $30 to complete the amount needed for my boots
I did win the raffle and added the money to the piggy bank
And it turns out I had just enough with $20 to spare



So why am I showing you my treasures?
Cuz this is as close to me as I've been since I was 22
Colorful, uncoordinated, mixed up...totally Me
and Perfectly Unbalanced

I love it
Thanks Hubs

12 comments:

  1. Oh Elena! I feel so happy for you, it makes me want to cry!! To have a mate who "gets you" so well! And to be getting back to the real you!! That's what life is supposed to be about! I LOVE the dress and the bracelet!! And I'm so happy you got your boots back!! Nothing wrong with putting the cart before the horse because I KNOW the horse is gonna show up right on time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! This was the best post. Made me smile from ear to ear. Tromp those boots, baby! You got a good man who sounds like he will appreciate them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great tale of love and two people finding the right partner. I have a great guy too.
    You expressed it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's amazing when we get the alignment right what happens in our lifes isn't it. Your in line with you good orderly direction and can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOOOO--HOOOOOO!!!!
    She's back!!! :-D
    Sounds like a wonderful day, filled with everything you needed to refill your soul-well.
    You have a great guy....seriously....you do.

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    P.S. Love the goodies you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT'S a love story! He sounds like one in a million! Glad you got your boots back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, LOVE....that's what I am talking about!
    Nothing better than a partner who sees you as your amazing shiny self and love it !!!
    Love the new duds that rbing you back to your Self, Elena. Love this whole post !!!
    Happy Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I think I finally "get" what you mean about not liking romance. To me, everything about your date was romantic---the best kind!! The other kind is so contrived!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a day you will likely remember forever. Good thing you bought somethings because every time you look at those things they will remind you of that day. They day you fell in love all over again. The day you rediscovered "you". The day you took another step towards living your artful life. Big star on this date!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know your spirits are up and running. Life is great!! I don't care for gooey ooeeey stuff either. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Then of course there is the universal paradox which means whilst you are perfectly "unbalanced" you are perfectly balanced!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!