I ran away
Opened the garage, ready to back up my two wheeled girl
And instead jumped in the car
Headed West...I always head West
Finally stopping for rest
I struck up a conversation with a stranger
Slowly indifference turned to curiosity then admiration
The more we spoke the more intrigued I became
I was becoming smitten
I started ignoring the thoughts of guilt in my head
As I longed to know more about this stranger who was fast becoming friend
We spent the night together
Holed up in a hotel room for two days
Only leaving long enough to bring food back in
No computers, no television, and only occasional texts to family
I pushed away all thoughts of what I should be doing and who I should be with
Relishing in the excitement of a new attraction
The desire to freeze time - to know more - to have more...
Hearing the roar of motorcycles near the highway
Brought me temporarily to the window
A glance at the riders stirring a momentary pang of guilt
I should be riding
But a look back into my room made me smile erasing all guilt
As I whispered a small prayer of safe riding to the two-wheelers
And so began my new affair
I can't say I'm in love because I'm not
Will I be? Time will tell
But I am taking the first step to find out
I think I owe it to myself - to my happiness
Because the person I found and spent time with was
Me
~ ~ ~
"The Dreamseller wants to stimulate people
to thirst & hunger for change
for only they could be responsible
for their transformations."
~from The Dreamseller by Augusto CuryI approached Self like I would a construction project
I read, I researched, I questioned and I listened
And I started getting answers and more questions
And it was exciting...
My work is just beginning
But just like when I was managing projects
The thrill of the challenge is tickling my belly
~ ~
"...And for those who think of putting a period to life,
I try to sell a comma, just a comma,
so they can continue to write their story."
~from The Dreamseller by Augusto Cury ~
The post its are broken down into four groups
Mental, Emotional, Physical, Spiritual
The post its are broken down into four groups
Mental, Emotional, Physical, Spiritual

Wow...What a story dear...Just Wow...One day I will find myself.....Till then....
ReplyDeleteHow amazing. I was a little worried at first, but then smiled huge inside thinking what a wonderful gift to yourself. I love time to think by myself and treasure those moments of discovery. Funny, to support my kids, I escaped from home too--I headed northwest. These days, north is where I flee. The long hours in the car, especially when I reach dead zones and there is no radio, no phone signal, nothing; give my mind time to wander to go where it wants. I don't necessarily get answers, but I do often get new questions. When I reach my destination, my sons, they always make me laugh and they always make me proud. Then it's time to head back home and those quiet moments on the road. I get to think about those new questions and mull my random thoughts. <3
ReplyDeleteYou and I are seeking souls! love you.
What a hot weekend. Can't think of anyone else I'd rather spend it with!
ReplyDeleteIt helps to love yourself so you know better how to love others. Sounds like you made good use of your weekend!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Elena, what a very interesting and loving person to spend time with............
ReplyDeleteY'all are too sweet. Yep, I am far from loving self so this is a good start.
ReplyDeleteI always feel like doing this!
ReplyDeleteIt's my secret fantasy.
You write sooo wonderfully, Elena.
♥♥♥